Guam MM21

To help other builders, please list the boat you are building in the Thread Subject -- and to conserve space, please limit your posting to one thread per boat.

Please feel free to use the gallery to display multiple images of your progress.
wegcagle
* Bateau Builder *
* Bateau Builder *

Re: Guam MM21

Post by wegcagle »

I like it Ken. I'm gonna have to try that soon. I'm heading to south GA on Friday to visit my family (and see my boat again :D ). I probably won't get a lot done, but I can sure spend a few hours sanding her. They don't have a pool to wash down in, but they've got a pond. Good enough 8)

Will

GV15, D4 done! Dreaming about the next one

Cracker Larry
* Bateau Builder - Expert *

Post by Cracker Larry »

I'm heading to south GA on Friday to visit my family (and see my boat again :D
Want to make a detour by Savannah and go fishing? You aren't going to that silly golf tournament, are you :lol:
Completed GF12 X 2, GF16, OD18, FS18, GF5, GF18, CL6
"Ships are the nearest things to dreams that hands have ever made." -Robert N. Rose

wegcagle
* Bateau Builder *
* Bateau Builder *

Post by wegcagle »

I'm going to take my girl to see my parents. First time in almost a year :cry: It's been too long. Then during Masters week we are going to detour by Augusta to see my inlaws. I would love to detour Savannah on that Thursday (4th... I think) for a fishing detour. No boat and no family members coming to town to ruin the plans this year. Let me check with the boss, and I'll shoot you an email tomorrow.

Hope you're still planing on me paying for the Keys fishing. I will be arriving Thurs. night and will fly out Monday. I'm bach-ing it up so I've got nothing by fishing and drinking planned in between :lol: :help:

Will

GV15, D4 done! Dreaming about the next one

chicagoross
* Bateau Builder *
* Bateau Builder *

Post by chicagoross »

Boy I'd like a day fishing in the Keys... :D Started fitting and glueing cleats. No problem dripping sweat on them, when you drip on the ply you're trying to lay glass on, you get little white spots under the glass. You try to wipe your face alot, and live with what you missed. :D

peter-curacao

Post by peter-curacao »

chicagoross wrote:Boy I'd like a day fishing in the Keys... :D Started fitting and glueing cleats. No problem dripping sweat on them, when you drip on the ply you're trying to lay glass on, you get little white spots under the glass. You try to wipe your face alot, and live with what you missed. :D
At least you can say, blood sweat and tears went into this boat, literally :wink:

Larry B
* Bateau Builder *
* Bateau Builder *

Post by Larry B »

chicagoross wrote:Boy I'd like a day fishing in the Keys... :D Started fitting and glueing cleats. No problem dripping sweat on them, when you drip on the ply you're trying to lay glass on, you get little white spots under the glass. You try to wipe your face alot, and live with what you missed. :D
Ross, yea thats what I was wondering? So it's not something you have to worry a lot about? Just kinda do the best you can to keep everything dry.
Are you going to do some bright work on her?
Completed: FL14, OD18

chicagoross
* Bateau Builder *
* Bateau Builder *

Post by chicagoross »

Bright work: hand rails on the roof. :D My rub rails are all solid mahogany, but took a lot of kerfing to get around the stern. Would look kind of funny bright if you looked at it from above! Looks nice right now from the sides, though, with three coats of epoxy on it. I've also thought of doing the whole house in mahogany, I've seen some nice pics but that's probably just day dreams. All plans and modifications are subject to the mood of the builder at the time...

chicagoross
* Bateau Builder *
* Bateau Builder *

Post by chicagoross »

Out of epoxy, slowing progress...Meanwhile, fitting a few bits with what's left in the woodpile! Motorwell sides fitted and tack welded, cockpit sole dry-fitted (still thinking of tryin to cram a small fuel tank under there...
The water tank arrived, allowing berth construction to commence. They got the outlet right, and then installed the vent and fill fittings with no relation to my faxed requests, meaning pondering chair time timeto figure out hose and filler locations. BTW, very much cheaper to order from Ronco (manufacturer) than elsewhere on internet.

topwater

Post by topwater »

Ross whats up :?: No update. I know you have been busy, no stealth build here .
Novi 23 finally launched !

chicagoross
* Bateau Builder *
* Bateau Builder *

Post by chicagoross »

Almosst no progress in 3 months... :( Life got in the way. Hope to get started again soon, but will be slow build time. I'll update when a visible progress is made!