Lanes P21 *SPLASHED*

To help other builders, please list the boat you are building in the Thread Subject -- and to conserve space, please limit your posting to one thread per boat.

Please feel free to use the gallery to display multiple images of your progress.
fastlane
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Re: Lanes P21

Post by fastlane »

Daddy,

Just the tape. Ive use the stuff before and once its installed the windows wont go anywhere. The tape itself is UV resistant but in my case light and uv will never touch it. the windows are uv coated and the tape will be between the wood and painted surface on the window

http://solutions.3m.com/wps/portal/3M/e ... /VHB-Tape/
Daddy wrote:Wil you use any thing in addition to the tape to hold the panel in place. How is the tape affected by UV?
Daddy

cali123
* Bateau Builder *
* Bateau Builder *

Post by cali123 »

once its installed the windows wont go anywhere.
3M makes the best adhesive materials on the planet. Good choice :!: :)

wej
Very Active Poster
Very Active Poster

Post by wej »

Went through the entire galley, awesome job, it looks great. :D

Joe H
* Bateau Builder *
* Bateau Builder *

Post by Joe H »

Looking good fastlane!

Hope to be at that stage soon, and good pointers.

Joe H
Completed: OD16, P19, FS14, V12 in progress

fastlane
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by fastlane »

Hey folks

Making some more progress on the P21. I got all the windows and deck hardware installed. Started some wiring and put the first coat of paint on the hull.
I also had the Boat Surveyed for insurance purposes. I was pleased with the results of the survey. The surveyor was very impressed with the boat design and construction. Everthing was ABYC compliant and done corectly so far.
However I was not real pleased with the dating of the hull. The year starts when the keel was laid witch was back in 2008. So I have a brand new 4 year old boat. The value was placed at 33K in its current state. Not bad considering I don’t have nearly that much into it.

Here are some more pics. The first coat of paint is pettit easypoxy that was roiled ant tipped. Came out good. we plan on at least 3 more coats.

*EDIT*.. I used S3 Yaught Primer. The hull was primed over a year ago and when it came time to prep for paint i could barely scratch it!. I tried a hand block and DA then a palm sander all with 80 grit. The palm worked the best but the sheets went flat in just a few moments. The primer is tough stuff once it fully cures!

wej
Very Active Poster
Very Active Poster

Post by wej »

Super SA-WEEEET!!!

Cracker Larry
* Bateau Builder - Expert *

Post by Cracker Larry »

Beautiful :!: Congrats on the survey also 8) How do you like the Pettit paint? It's one of my favorites.
Completed GF12 X 2, GF16, OD18, FS18, GF5, GF18, CL6
"Ships are the nearest things to dreams that hands have ever made." -Robert N. Rose

Lower
Active Poster
Active Poster

Post by Lower »

Boat's looking great. Very nicely done.

fastlane
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by fastlane »

Howdy folks

Sorry I didn’t get to reply the latest comments. The paint was EasyPoxy and I’m very happy with it. We did 3 coats total tip and rolled. This is the first time we ever painted like this and as the coats went on we progressively got better. It’s not perfect but good enough to slam sinkers and crab traps into it. We also put the non skid down on the deck , bow and gunnels. We used kiwigrip and it came out great!

I got the boat out of the garage and onto the trailer this weekend. Got the motor mounted and fired it up. Hooked up the bay star hydraulic steering and now it steers so it’s almost ready to go. Really sucks that we had snow already so not sure if it will be splashed this year. But if we get a chance I may dunk it just to find the waterline to finish up the bottom.

Some latest pictures

peter-curacao

Post by peter-curacao »

She's a beauty 8)