SB18 on the water

To help other builders, please list the boat you are building in the Thread Subject -- and to conserve space, please limit your posting to one thread per boat.

Please feel free to use the gallery to display multiple images of your progress.
Rob Eades
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Re: Sails?

Post by Rob Eades »

What did the complete suit of sails cost? I may be looking for SB18 sails soon! :D

Stuff4Toys
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Re: Sails?

Post by Stuff4Toys »

Rob Eades wrote:What did the complete suit of sails cost? I may be looking for SB18 sails soon! :D
If you have your specs & sail plan, I would be more than happy to quote a set of sails for you.
http://www.charlotteharborsails.com/ind ... &cPath=107

Charlotte Harbor Sails
4760 Tamiami Trail
Charlotte Harbor, FL 33980

Call John @ 941-979-9728
http://www.CharlotteHarborSails.com/
Actively building an FS18 cut down version with round smooth chine!
Marine Electronics @ Stuff4Toys.com
Tools & Supplies @ USToolMan.com

Robert Olson
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Re: SB18 on the water

Post by Robert Olson »

Hi,
Have not been on the forum in a long time. Have been doing other things such as helping out at a Community boat building project with students from two locall high schools, Also, assisting a local high school student with her senior project building a snow board.

I bought my sails through Ullman sails. I believe I payed in the range of 3500.00 dollars.

As far as the paint on the SB18. I used water based polyurethane from Systems Three. It is very difficult for an amature to use and I had a lot of trouble. At first I use a roller, then I tried to spay it and finally talk to a professional. He thought that the only way I was going to be able to appy this material was to get the best brush I could fine and thin it out buy 20% with water. It was difficult to keep a wet edge at all times. It came out fairly acceptable, but I was not overly happy with it. I believe I should have used varnish. At least I do not have to refinish it very year or two.

Will try to stay up with the forum in the coming months!