NV23 Build

To help other builders, please list the boat you are building in the Thread Subject -- and to conserve space, please limit your posting to one thread per boat.

Please feel free to use the gallery to display multiple images of your progress.
odwyerjb
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Re: NV23 Build

Post by odwyerjb »

Note that the wood is exterior AC, I am going the route of potentially disposable stations. Will deide if this is good as work progresses. Here is the middle station again. Note the use of scrap wood. Not pretty, but it works.

odwyerjb
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by odwyerjb »

Gluing up the ransom. First use of Meranti on the boat. Nice stuff. pretty where the resin shows the grain. Too bad it will be painted.

Here is the glueup of the outside stringers. The clamps are scraps screwed to the shops wooden floor.

odwyerjb
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by odwyerjb »

Here is another pic of the outside stringers, and a very messy shop. The stringers are almost as long as the shop.

At this point I was dying to see some boat shape so started to do some assembly:

odwyerjb
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by odwyerjb »

here is a pic of one of the center stringers. Wasn't happy with how the notches lined up so I recut them. Didn't get a picture of the glueup on these, but they extended past the shop floor.

Uncle D
Very Active Poster
Very Active Poster

Post by Uncle D »

Looks like my shop but cleaner. :lol: Nice work..build-on :D