SH14 Forward frame angle

To help other builders, please list the boat you are building in the Thread Subject -- and to conserve space, please limit your posting to one thread per boat.

Please feel free to use the gallery to display multiple images of your progress.
misterpants
New Poster
New Poster

SH14 Forward frame angle

Post by misterpants »

My first build. I can't figure out how to draw the forward frame at the correct angle from the plan dimensions. I haven't cut anything yet. Thanks in advance. :help: please

peter-curacao
* Bateau Builder - Expert *

Re: SH14 Forward frame angle

Post by peter-curacao »

misterpants wrote:My first build. I can't figure out how to draw the forward frame at the correct angle from the plan dimensions. I haven't cut anything yet. Thanks in advance. :help: please
what do you mean what angle?

misterpants
New Poster
New Poster

Post by misterpants »

On the plan that shows the dimensions of the sides, the line representing the forward frame intersects with the uncut plywood edge (bottom side) 2' 9 1/4" from the tip of the bow. There isn't a dimension measurement specifying where the opposite end of the line intersects the top of the side. The Line's angle on the plan appears to be about 93 degrees to the edge of the plywood. Should I just mark where the bottom of the frame joins the side and angle the frame so it's flush with the top of the side when I get to the step where the two sides are being bent around the frames? Thanks

gstanfield
* Bateau Builder *
* Bateau Builder *

Post by gstanfield »

Repost your question up here: http://forums.bateau2.com/viewforum.php?f=3

Jaqcues doesn't read the non-tech sections very much so it'll likely get missed.
Previous builds: FL14, NC16, and others...

Current build: FL14 (+10%)

peter-curacao

Post by peter-curacao »

difficult to answer (if possible at all)without a drawing

gianni
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by gianni »

At 2' 9 1/4" from the tip of the bow, draw perpendicular line (plywood edge bottom side): 7/8 bottom, 1' 8'' rubrail line, forward frame angle ( Approximately 3/4''). Verify the angle (with a level) before definitive assembly of frames.