SUP build - Shine

To help other builders, please list the boat you are building in the Thread Subject -- and to conserve space, please limit your posting to one thread per boat.

Please feel free to use the gallery to display multiple images of your progress.
bondo
Very Active Poster
Very Active Poster

Re: SUP build - Shine

Post by bondo »

I am an admitted windsurfing snob but IMHO, sans centerboard, you will never be able to drive that board upwind without a large, high aspect fin and plenty of power (speed).

jacquesmm
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by jacquesmm »

bondo wrote:I am an admitted windsurfing snob but IMHO, sans centerboard, you will never be able to drive that board upwind without a large, high aspect fin and plenty of power (speed).
Yes but to go upwind, you paddle.
Jacques Mertens - Designer
http://boatbuildercentral.com

tech_support
Very Active Poster
Very Active Poster

Post by tech_support »

started a new thread for the next prototype....

http://forums.bateau2.com/viewtopic.php?f=14&t=30541

put a couple strips of kiwigrip on this one, looks pretty good. I used a west system short foam nap roller cover and the resulting texture should not be too rough on the knees or chest.

ks8
* Bateau Builder *
* Bateau Builder *
Location: Now a much longer sail to Tampa Florida! Back to NC, Youngsville FM05tw

Post by ks8 »

Wasn't thinking of sailing sitting down. Was thinking more like resting the knees after some standup paddling or poling, while fishing, and having that *box* for some light stowage. :)

Cracker Larry
* Bateau Builder - Expert *

Post by Cracker Larry »

Ken, Stickystuff, used to be a dealer for a board like that. He brought one to the Crystal River meet 4 or 5 years ago. Ask him how it worked out :lol:
Completed GF12 X 2, GF16, OD18, FS18, GF5, GF18, CL6
"Ships are the nearest things to dreams that hands have ever made." -Robert N. Rose

stickystuff

Post by stickystuff »

These will be lighter than Flatstalkers. Flatstalkers weighed in at 115# with consoles. They had a special made heavy duty two ended paddle which could be used for push pole as well as paddling.Neat concept but a real bitch to paddle against a current. My trolling motor went up in smoke and I had to paddle back to the ramp on an outgoing tide. Had a blister on my thumb that took a month to heal.

For pics of flatstalker go to www.flatstalker.com
Capt. Ken Owens

A little saw dust, a little glue, and a lot of love, and she will float.