(anflyer) OD16 Started Today........

To help other builders, please list the boat you are building in the Thread Subject -- and to conserve space, please limit your posting to one thread per boat.

Please feel free to use the gallery to display multiple images of your progress.
anflyer
Active Poster
Active Poster

Post by anflyer »

Sorry, I am still learning how to post pictures.

Once again here is the Sole with cross braces:

Last edited by anflyer on Thu Sep 25, 2003 5:48 am, edited 3 times in total.

anflyer
Active Poster
Active Poster

Post by anflyer »

Dr. Bones, I will place the boat on the stand once the bottom, sole and chines are glued in. In the picture I was just making sure that the bottom fit on the stand.

thanks,

Evildwarf

Post by Evildwarf »

Nice looking shop you have there! Looks like you have all the bells and whisles. Build on Dude!

anflyer
Active Poster
Active Poster

Post by anflyer »

EvilD, thanks. Woodworking is my other hobby. Stich & Glue is very different than woodworking in terms of how precise you have to be with the joints. I haveto keep telling myself to leave a small gap for the epoxy.

Anflyer

Evildwarf

Post by Evildwarf »

Very true, I think some one said it already but the secret is in the ooze! :lol:

anflyer
Active Poster
Active Poster

Post by anflyer »

Today I began the installation of the Chase Tubes.

Yellow Dot:
3" Chase Tube (Starboard Side) for the Throttle & Steering Cables. I tried using the 3" electrical sweeps but could not get them to fit within the chine. I hope the way they are installed it will not give me any problems. If somebody has them installed in this manner and you have not experienced any problems PLEASE let me know so I can sleep better at night.

Blue & Red Dots:
Possible Fuel Chase Tubes - the plan is to install the fuel tank under the casting deck or possibly have a triangle shaped tank to fit in the location of the anchor locker (still undecided)

Blue Line:
another 3" chase tube for any other cables. (I already have the the materials so might as well have another tube just in case)

Green Line:
1 1/2" livewell return ( the livewell will be under the console seat)

Red Line:
3/4" Livewell water feed

??Should the livewell feed and return be more towards the transome or towards the bulkhead??

Yellow Line:
Bow Light Chase Tube

Sorry for the long post, just wanted to post an update and I am always looking for constructive advice.

Anflyer

Last edited by anflyer on Thu Sep 25, 2003 8:37 pm, edited 9 times in total.

Evildwarf

Post by Evildwarf »

Where are the pics?

anflyer
Active Poster
Active Poster

Post by anflyer »

It was working last night. Lets try it again:
Last edited by anflyer on Thu Sep 25, 2003 5:32 am, edited 1 time in total.

DrBones
Very Active Poster
Very Active Poster

Post by DrBones »

Anyflyer,

I had the same problem with the electrical sweeps being too close to the chines and thus didn't use that. Now, EvilD. did manage to use them I believe - so, I guess you can get it to work in some fashion.

My chase tubing looks pretty much the same as yours. You did a really nice and clean job though :P

Btw, I see you have your fuel lines coming out in the same drywell as your control harness chase tubing. Remember, that you might have to put electrical stuff through that same chase tube. If you do, it would share the area with the fuel lines. Question is whether you are confident enough that no gas fumes from fuel lines will collect in an area where you have electrical wiring. Don't know if that's really a good idea. Just keep that in mind when you do the final rigging.

Evildwarf

Post by Evildwarf »

My suggestion would be NOT to put the electrical and fuel lines in the same compartment.Bad things can happen.