(anflyer) OD16 Started Today........

To help other builders, please list the boat you are building in the Thread Subject -- and to conserve space, please limit your posting to one thread per boat.

Please feel free to use the gallery to display multiple images of your progress.
anflyer
Active Poster
Active Poster

Post by anflyer »

EvilD & DrBones, thanks for the replies.

I am installing a second 3" rigging tube (already have the 3" material) on the PORT side which will carry the electrical from the console area. The Starboard side chase tube will be carrying the Throttle & Steering cables.

Where are you guys planning on installing the battery?

Do you think a 1 1/2" livewell discharg is enough?? and should the exit be more towards the transom or bulkhead??

Thanks,

DaveProka
Active Poster
Active Poster

Post by DaveProka »

anflyer,

I can't see the pics either. I noticed that your image open tags and image close tags are in the wrong place. If you go back and edit your first message placing the [img]tag%20at%20the%20beginning%20of%20the%20URL%20and%20the[/img] at the end of the url, it should work, unless you're over your host's access limit.

-Dave
Modified GV13- Mad Russian

anflyer
Active Poster
Active Poster

Post by anflyer »

The Images are working again.

Please everybodys coments..........

gpratt
Active Poster
Active Poster

Post by gpratt »

I can't see the pics.

I have a livwell installed in front of my console feed by 3/4 water feed that is mounted on the transom and a 1.5" outlet that's dumped thru the transom. It works fine.

Where the outlet line goes is pretty much up to you side would be easier to install but clutters the side view of the boat. No matter where you put it keep it close to the water line to reduce noise while fishing.

anflyer
Active Poster
Active Poster

Post by anflyer »

I finally resolved the picture issue, by using a new image server. I also made some changes with the layout according to some of the recomendations.

The fuel chase tube (red dot) is now moved over to the port side so I will have a chase tube for the fuel line on both side of the boat which will enable me to place this away from the electrical.

Gpratt I porbably will do the same and route the livewell outlet & feed through the transom. (do you have pics of your livewell setup??)

Were has everybody mounted the battery??

Tonight I will finish and send some of the updated pics.

Anflyer

anflyer
Active Poster
Active Poster

Post by anflyer »

Here is the completed pic of the Chase Tubes. I also gave it one more coat of epoxy (not shown in the image).

The next step is the foam and then install the bottom.

My goal is to have the chines installed by the end of next week.

Thanks,
anflyer

TimeWalker
Very Active Poster
Very Active Poster

Post by TimeWalker »

Your baitwell overflow should be 2 times as large as your, largest inflow IE: if your largest inflow is 3/4" then your outflow needs to be 1.5 if your largest inflow is 1" then 2" should be your MINIMUM outflow

It is never a bad idea to go a size larger then double never the same or less it COULD cause overflow and sinking

TimeWalker
Very Active Poster
Very Active Poster

Post by TimeWalker »

now as far as your foaming you should build your bottom panel CLOSE IT and then foam otherwise you will be wasting foam by having to cut the extra off

anflyer
Active Poster
Active Poster

Post by anflyer »

Timewalker, the inflow for the livewell is 3/4" and the outflow is 1-1/2".

I regards to the foam I have a piece of plywood covered in plastic that I will screw down to the stringers when I foam. I just dont want any holes in the sole.

thanks fo the comments.

Andrec4016
New Poster
New Poster

Post by Andrec4016 »

:roll: Howdy, great looking chases you got there, I just got my plans the other day and can't wait to get started, waiting for plywood prices to go down a bit.. Question from a newby.. where are you going to install your batteries and gas tank, I've been looking for this for sometime??