a GV13 build...

To help other builders, please list the boat you are building in the Thread Subject -- and to conserve space, please limit your posting to one thread per boat.

Please feel free to use the gallery to display multiple images of your progress.
fishingdan
Very Active Poster
Very Active Poster

Post by fishingdan »

Very nice.

Can you explain how you wieghed the boat?

Thanks

alexit
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by alexit »

These posts have slowed somewhat of late as she has been on the water as of 20th March and...well I have other priorities now. :D
After the painting was finished, on goes all the hardware using sikaflex 291 to bed down and seal all the fixtures.
Then on to the trailer to set up the rollers and skids.
With the name finalised and a plate painted by Rachael, I was well on the way to a launching.
The name by the way, follows on the line started many years ago by my late grandfather who named all his 4 boats 'Annie B'. I know he would get a real kick knowing I had built a boat and named it such. :)
On a low note, I had planed the weekend launch and waited till friday arvo to pull the motor out and make sure it runs ok.....
After 8 months sitting in the corner, the 15hp Suzuki starts 3rd pull...yeah... sounds nice and strong....good good...no telltail....doh!
The impeller..... needless to say, I had all weekend to ponder WHY I did not look into the motor weeks beforehand..... :doh:
So during the week I get the pump kit and install it to get a nice motor chugging away and ready for the coming weekend.
The day arrives and the kombi has no problem pulling the rig through the Sydney traffic and down the ramp to the water at Iron Cove for the first test run.
The boat rolls off the trailer with ease and some might say I was happy to see it sit high and level on the water and dead on the chine... I would say I was....a very happy camper! :D
Took her for an easy run out into the harbour, under the bridge and back and I must say she went very well indeed.
Stable and dry and handled the slight chop well.
Happy Happy Joy Joy :D
As far as getting the hull weight, I was lucky to have use of a set of scenery scales....basically two large independent plates that take the item (ie the hull) while the weight is registed on a small display.
Last edited by alexit on Mon May 07, 2007 9:34 am, edited 2 times in total.

MadRus
Very Active Poster
Very Active Poster

Post by MadRus »

Looks awesome Alex! Nice work, I like all the modifications you made, especially that bow cowl, I had a hard time coming up with a good solution for that area.

-Dave

JerryF
Active Poster
Active Poster

Post by JerryF »

Nice job on the boat. How do you plan to use it, for fishing, diving, or?
I think you will find that hull to be very versatile and adaptable for most any water borne activity. Let us know how it performs when you get a chance.

have fun,

JerryF
GV11+

jasonmcintosh
Very Active Poster
Very Active Poster

Post by jasonmcintosh »

Great boat and pictures! Thanks for showing us what you did! Happy boating.

jason

Betowess
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by Betowess »

Whoo, fantastic work and clever mods, bringing an old thread back.
15' Row Dory. C17 in planning

alexit
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by alexit »

I have not been round here for quite a while and a lot has happened to the AnnieB since she was launched way back when.
I will get some pis together and try and bring this post up to date.alex

Betowess
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by Betowess »

That would be great to see Alex!
15' Row Dory. C17 in planning