Cannonball's FS18

To help other builders, please list the boat you are building in the Thread Subject -- and to conserve space, please limit your posting to one thread per boat.

Please feel free to use the gallery to display multiple images of your progress.
CObob
New Poster
New Poster

Re: Cannonball's FS18

Post by CObob »

Listen to these guys, there are some serious risks. I'll post some
Pics up on another there's some time. I want to see some progress this weekend!

Cannonball
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by Cannonball »

Ask and you shall recieve...

Cannonball
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by Cannonball »

Also made a bit of progress. Interested to know what others used for their battens. The specified 1x1's or 1x2's? Didn't even catch that note until after I already started on them with 1x2's, No big deal to rip them down though.

antoniekruger
Active Poster
Active Poster

Post by antoniekruger »

Cracker Larry wrote:
I like the thought of putting the sole on and pouring the foam underneath, but if the floor did any kind of heave ho while the foam was curing I'd have a whole bunch of messy rework to contend with.
Very bad idea :!: Don't do it.
Hi, good to see another fresh build. I'm a little further than you, but have stopped. I'm waiting for my shop vac to arrive since the glass dust is killing me, although I wear a decent mask and goggles.
Some people just learn by making the mistakes themselves - yip, that's me. I built the CC14 canoe and built a little box as a seat. I filled this box with foam and covered the lid before the foam was fully expanded(OK, its a very small area). I taped the seat lid down with 200g woven. I started finishing and painting the boat. By day 2 I noticed that the foam had broken open the epoxy glue and pulled open the seam. 8O
I'll foam my CS23 under the sole, but I'll give it enough time to expand and shape it back from there.
Good luck with the build, buddy. I like the jet drive. I've never seen one of those, very cool. :D
CC14 splashed
CS23 almost there

Dougster
* Bateau Builder *
* Bateau Builder *

Post by Dougster »

I'll second that on the cool jet drive. I've never seen one up close or been on one. More intimidating is how neat your shop area is 8O Dunno how you manage that. I'm in New Braunfels often and hope to get a peek at your build one day. Seems like lot of folks like that FS18.

Over here in Blanco Dougster

Cracker Larry
* Bateau Builder - Expert *

Post by Cracker Larry »

Interested to know what others used for their battens.
I used 1X1s, actually 3/4X3/4. This boat requires a lot of cleats and the weight difference between 1X2 and 1X1 would be significant.

Looking good 8)
Completed GF12 X 2, GF16, OD18, FS18, GF5, GF18, CL6
"Ships are the nearest things to dreams that hands have ever made." -Robert N. Rose

vgant
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by vgant »

Same as Cracker Larry. Ripped 1x1 (3/4 x 3/4) from clear 1x6's. It takes a bunch, I'm going to need to make some more soon.

Cannonball
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by Cannonball »

Thanks for confirming that one guys. I've got to remember, just stick to the plan!

Your welcome to check it out Doug. I come from a long line of contractors, and it doesnt matter if it's at work or home a clean work area always makes you work safer, smarter, and faster.

Cracker Larry

Post by Cracker Larry »

a clean work area always makes you work safer, smarter, and faster.
Smart man 8)
Completed GF12 X 2, GF16, OD18, FS18, GF5, GF18, CL6
"Ships are the nearest things to dreams that hands have ever made." -Robert N. Rose

CObob
New Poster
New Poster

Post by CObob »

Cannonball wrote:Ask and you shall recieve...

that didn't take long. Is that built on a 25hp frame or the 40-60?

I spent 8 months searching for a gheenoe anywhere in Texas and finally posted a WTB add in frustration; bought one locally by the end of the day.

Here are some pics on the foamed floor, i think they are around page 3 http://www.customgheenoe.com/forum/view ... 3&start=30