Page 1 of 1

OD 18 Picture FINALLY!!!

Posted: Tue Mar 09, 2004 7:00 pm
by ddbiiz
Wife and I finally got the picture to upload. What do you think?Check out my photo gallery! 8)

OD18
Don

Posted: Tue Mar 09, 2004 7:04 pm
by DrBones
:lol: Hooray! Man, I really like that sheer line on the OD18. Looks great!

..and here the pic posted to the thread:

Posted: Tue Mar 09, 2004 7:46 pm
by ddbiiz
Doc,
Thanks for moving the picture to the thread. 8)

OD18
Don

Posted: Tue Mar 09, 2004 8:20 pm
by Boomer
What a nice looking boat.

Posted: Tue Mar 09, 2004 8:24 pm
by ddbiiz
[img]albums/userpics/11382/on%20rack.jpg[/img]

on the rack 8)
OD18
Don

Posted: Tue Mar 09, 2004 8:54 pm
by ddbiiz

On the rack
Boomer thanks it's been a long time coming to get to this point, but I'm digging it!! 8) I hope this picture comes up this time

OD18
Don

Posted: Wed Mar 10, 2004 7:58 am
by CHarris
Don ,

You've done a great job. You should be proud of yourself. Great paint job too.

Chris
OD18

Posted: Wed Mar 10, 2004 4:27 pm
by ddbiiz
Chris,
Thanks for the kind words and yes I'm proud of it but up close there are areas that could have been better. It's my first one, my learning curve you could say. 8)

OD18
Don

Posted: Sun Mar 14, 2004 11:49 am
by Evildwarf
ddbiiz wrote:Chris,
Thanks for the kind words and yes I'm proud of it but up close there are areas that could have been better. It's my first one, my learning curve you could say. 8)

OD18
Don
Let me say something slow so you know I'm serious,WISH MINE LOOKED THAT GOOD! 8) Did you spray paint it?Be proud man and build on Dude! :D Evild

Posted: Sun Mar 14, 2004 8:08 pm
by ddbiiz
Evild,
No spray, rolled and tipped!! It's S-3 on bottom and West Marine one part on the black. Your work is why I chose to build and I thank you, it has been quite an experience! :wink: I glassed in the sole today trying to make an april splash!! 8)

OD18
Don

Posted: Sun Mar 14, 2004 8:32 pm
by Evildwarf
ddbiiz wrote:Evild,
No spray, rolled and tipped!! It's S-3 on bottom and West Marine one part on the black. Your work is why I chose to build and I thank you, it has been quite an experience! :wink: I glassed in the sole today trying to make an april splash!! 8)

OD18
Don
Hope to to it that soon?Evild

Posted: Sun Mar 14, 2004 8:37 pm
by ddbiiz
Evild,
I'm picking up the motor on april 4 in Lantana, Fl. visiting mother-in-law the same weekend. Have slow work week this week and plan on a building BLITZ!!! 8)
OD18
Don

Posted: Sun Mar 14, 2004 8:48 pm
by Evildwarf
Have been on a blitz this weekend myself.But the engine combination I'm not sure of.Let you know!Got the boat raedy for installation,have pics will post later!Evild

Posted: Thu Mar 18, 2004 3:46 pm
by Hoot
Great job...

I just hope I can do as good a job...

Post more when you can..

Hoot

Posted: Fri Mar 19, 2004 4:01 pm
by ddbiiz
Hoot,
Thanks for the compliment but like everyone doing this knows pictures hide ALOT of inperfections. :oops: Framed in the motor well,live well, and fish box today. MAN I can see the light at the end!! 8)

OD18
Don

ddbiitz"s OD18

Posted: Fri Mar 19, 2004 5:34 pm
by cottontop
Hey man what a beautiful job. Are you having to work outside? About how much time to get to this point? What a fine looking paint job. I'm going to get sides and chines cut out this weekend. Maybe the stand too. Have a gret weekend. John :P

Posted: Fri Mar 19, 2004 7:05 pm
by ddbiiz
cottontop,
It was only outside to flip. I started the 2nd week of october, worked mostly on weekends. I had some weekends to cold to work maybe 4 tops and the holidays. It's been great all of our friends call me Noah and that's too cool 8)

OD18
Don

Posted: Sat Mar 20, 2004 12:50 pm
by ks8
Noah?

Yea, I get that too... but then I remind them that next time, I hear, its not a flood, but fire. Maybe we should build with inflammable materials???

They kid me on rainy days, of course.

How about we see who can post the first picture of themselves in their boat, on the water, with a rainbow in the background. No Photoshop twiddling allowed. A pot-o-gold pictured at the end of the rainbow will be suspicious, as will Dorothy clicking her red shoe heels.

What prize for the first?

I managed one rainbow picture 20 years ago, but never one with a boat in it!

Always bring a camera!

You think someone can manage such a picture by this september? If you are a Noah, you must have a good line open to the Weatherman???

sincerely,
ks