AD 14 KIELGE

To help other builders, please list the boat you are building in the Thread Subject -- and to conserve space, please limit your posting to one thread per boat.

Please feel free to use the gallery to display multiple images of your progress.
gonandkarl
* Bateau Builder *
* Bateau Builder *

Re: AD 14 KIELGE

Post by gonandkarl »

Hi,
I forgot to mention my sail was on Friday 13 th with my trailer front support wheel loosening itself on the highway until it also ran on the tarmac. Problem fixed by taking it off and putting it into the boot. At the arrival at the slip I noticed that half of one hubcap of the trailer which I had recently replaced at the place where I bought the trailer had come off because they mounnted it with only one screw. Thirdly to my own mistake: My companion roof had come off the rails during the drive but luckily it landed in the cockpit not like the first companion roof which disappeared never to be found again. Lesson learned raisl are good for a companion roof but it needs a good lock as well.
By the way my pilot poles were not successful because I made them too flexibel and it took us 3 tries to pull the boat straight in the middle of the trailer out of the water. So what, the next version will be fixed to my trailer like Glossieblack did it and my 3 meter tow bar extension I did not put into action because the slip had enough water and I pushed the boat into it easily with one hand.
Greetings from Karl
All pictures of Micro Petrel AD14 and FS13 :

http://gallery.bateau2.com/index.php?cat=87433

Bogieman
* Bateau Builder *
* Bateau Builder *

Post by Bogieman »

Very nice, Karl. Glad you and the family are enjoying her. I like your safety lines too.

I haven’t had Tipsy in the water for a month -not because I don’t want to but because the weather has been crap and too many other things…

cape man
* Bateau Builder - Expert *

Post by cape man »

Great to see you using the boat!!!
The world always seems brighter when you've just made something that wasn't there before - Neil Gaiman

glossieblack
* Bateau Builder *
* Bateau Builder *

Post by glossieblack »

Happy birthday Karl, you crafty old CLOOF. How did you mange to turn 75 three months before me? ..... if I make it. 8O
Currently building Jacques Mertens ST21 "Skinnydip". Boating adventures: Splash testing and using 'Skinnydip, as a basis of further building refinement; Adams 44’ sailing sloop "Great Sandy" (cruising and maintaining); Iain Oughtred Feather Pram "Mini Dip" (building); Jacques Mertens R13 "Wood Duck" (built and due for maintenance).

gonandkarl
* Bateau Builder *
* Bateau Builder *

Post by gonandkarl »

Thanks Glossie,
I always tried to be ahead of others but with the birthdays when and how they happen it is a bit like in a lottery. I was a mathematician student at University in my first year and since then I can explain everything with numbers. When I married my wife she was 25 and so had about 200 chances in the following 18 Years to fall pregnant and the doctors then told me my chance was only 1,5 percent to become a father according to my sperm count, I was so positive that I pronounced I am sure we will have 3 kids ( my simple formula 1,5 % of 200 ) turned out be true. As my Birthday today is on a weekday my kids cannot visit to celebrate, so my wife said does not matter we make ourselves a nice day. She tried it by making me a nice breakfast with ham and 3 eggs and toast and brought it to my bedside table, whilst me being health conscious measured my Birthday blood pressure in the lounge about 30 seconds to long or long enough for my daughters dog whom we look after for a week to have my special breakfast. So what, I saved calories and took the dog for the morning walk. After we came back the egg white of the 3 eggs were vomited twice in the passage to be topped by another hurdling in the garden on the freshly cut lawn. But for every bad birthday surprise there must also be a good one. I play my parents birthdays on a regular basis in the Austrian Lottery and also did this today only because the Lottery company sent me a 5 Euro Birthday credit which turned out a minute later as a 180 Euro Roulette win with my fathers birthday number 17. The main thing is to have fun no matter how many birthdays still come along .Greetings to you and your wife and fair winds in your summer sail trip.

Jeff
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Jeff »

Happy Birthday Karl!!! I hope you have a great day!! Jeff

Fuzz

Post by Fuzz »

Happy birthday! glad to know you are doing well :!:

gonandkarl
* Bateau Builder *
* Bateau Builder *

Post by gonandkarl »

Hi,
As I voted for line seed oil in Glossies thread I show you now the 2 rocking horses I made for my twin grand children. I finished them only Yesterday and today I will oil them with line seed oil. here the picture as of now and I will post another after the oil treatment. These horses will never be in the water like Glossies Feather pram and the comparison is therefore not valid. But I will just post the oiled horses so you can see the difference.
Greetings from Karl

P.S.: I posted it here because I did not want to mess up Glossies thread with kids toys

cape man

Post by cape man »

I always smile when I see a post from you. Those are awesome!
The world always seems brighter when you've just made something that wasn't there before - Neil Gaiman

OrangeQuest
Very Active Poster
Very Active Poster

Post by OrangeQuest »

Really nice craftsmanship!

I thought all the threads on this forum was about kid's toys. We are just bigger and older and so are our toys!
"that it isn't just an ordinary sort of boat. Sometimes it's a Boat, and sometimes it's more of an Accident. It all depends." "Depends on what?" "On whether I'm on the top of it or underneath it."
A. A. Milne