Shamrock kid's Fs18

To help other builders, please list the boat you are building in the Thread Subject -- and to conserve space, please limit your posting to one thread per boat.

Please feel free to use the gallery to display multiple images of your progress.
Shamrock Kid
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Re: Shamrock kid's Fs18

Post by Shamrock Kid »

Ha ha, thanks I love pics of boats and especially boat building. I think I've come down with bbd. I've got it bad too, I haven't come close to finishing this one and I'm already planning the next one. :help: But seriously I cought some kind of summer cold. Never had one before and they suck.
John

blueflood
* Bateau Builder - Expert *

Post by blueflood »

Good progress Shamrock Kid. And yes, you cannot rush building these things as the pleasure will quickly take a hike. A few of us make it a long term project i.e. years to complete. Personally, I want the fun and satisfaction to linger :lol: Wow...what a spot to build her !

Marc

Shamrock Kid
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by Shamrock Kid »

Thanks Marc, I haven't really done much lately. The last weekend of summer vacation found me taking the boy out fishing both days. Two long days of fishing was just the way to end the summer for him. However this morning he didn't want to get up for school. Had to drag him out by his toes. :lol:

I can't wait to get back on her this weekend. I have to help with a graduation party on Sunday. So I'll have to make sure to plan it out right. My "boat shop" has a thousand square foot of floor space. But I still find a way to make a mess of it and run out of run. :doh:
John

blueflood

Post by blueflood »

Family first !

:lol: my boat shop is a whopping 312 sq foot outdoor shelter with tools arranged in my small SUV. I always remember my machine shop and wood shop teachers with their "cleannnn up" call at the end of the class. That stuck and I keep the space tidy and organized. :D

Uncle D
Very Active Poster
Very Active Poster

Post by Uncle D »

Your build looks great from the pic's I've seen, John. Haven't had the time lately to look over the site, so it's catch-up. I'm on the NW side of CC. Hope to check out the boat and shop sometime. Build-on... Don

Shamrock Kid
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by Shamrock Kid »

blueflood wrote:Family first ! :D
Absolutely family first!
Uncle D wrote:Your build looks great from the pic's I've seen, John. Haven't had the time lately to look over the site, so it's catch-up. I'm on the NW side of CC. Hope to check out the boat and shop sometime. Build-on... Don
Thanks Don, and your welcome when ever. I've gone though your thread several times. I always see something I've missed before. Great work and I like the mods. It's going to be a sweet boat.
John

Shamrock Kid
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by Shamrock Kid »

Update report I'm still at it little by little.
Hot glueing batten to frames C & D. (thanks C.L.) good tip.
Trial fit.
Removed and primed then installed and started the fillets.
Laid the tape over the partially set fillets. The laminated them wet on wet.
All the frames are tapped in place.
Now I'm fitting the first of many cleats.
After fitting all the cleats they will be removed and coated with two or three coats of epoxy. I couldn't resist laying the decks on to see if they were going to fit. I guess Jacques knows a thing or two about designing a boat. Not bad, even makes a complete rookie like me look halfway decent.
John

Cannonball
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by Cannonball »

Glad to see somebody's making progress. I would have been this weekend if I hadn't been in port Mansfield for a bacherlorre party hammering the inshore snapper. 40 in the box in less than a mile from the beach. Looking real good, it's exciting to see the decks on. Mine are still just sitting there. Probably going to be that way until after south zone dove season. Keep it up, I need motivation!

Cracker Larry

Post by Cracker Larry »

Looks great 8)
Completed GF12 X 2, GF16, OD18, FS18, GF5, GF18, CL6
"Ships are the nearest things to dreams that hands have ever made." -Robert N. Rose

Shamrock Kid
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by Shamrock Kid »

Cannonball wrote:Glad to see somebody's making progress. I would have been this weekend if I hadn't been in port Mansfield for a bacherlorre party hammering the inshore snapper. 40 in the box in less than a mile from the beach. Looking real good, it's exciting to see the decks on. Mine are still just sitting there. Probably going to be that way until after south zone dove season. Keep it up, I need motivation!
Thanks Cannon, I'm note sure how much I'll get done after the season opens either. Oh well it will get done when it does. I just hate letting it sit with out any progress.
Cracker Larry wrote:Looks great 8)
Thanks I try to hold myself to all y'all's standards. If I look at it and it don't look just right (like y'all's builds) I back up and start again. I find my conscience telling me "you can do better" all the time. Good nuff just isn't good nuff. :D
John