DE23 : Progress

To help other builders, please list the boat you are building in the Thread Subject -- and to conserve space, please limit your posting to one thread per boat.

Please feel free to use the gallery to display multiple images of your progress.
bear
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Need advice

Post by bear »

So far I have wetted the outside of the cockpit roof with epoxy to make it water resistant. This was two weeks ago and the epoxy is totally cured. Now I want to laminate another sheet of ply to the roof. If I want satisfactory bonding to the roof, does I have to grind the epoxy or will it be OK to wash it before adding the second layer ?
(Please don't ask why I want the extra layer of ply. I have my reasons and I will show it soon.....)

:help: BEAR :help:

woodbike
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by woodbike »

Iwould go over it with some sandpaper just to give a little more bond to it .
just a quick pass to take the shine away.
I got the roof on the cuddy this week end .I will get pictures up soon.

bear
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by bear »

I've posted some new pictures showing how far I came this fall. The cabin is insulated and almost ready to finish inside.

:? Bear

jeremy
Active Poster
Active Poster

Post by jeremy »

Wow, that looks great. I can't wait to see this in the water.

Daddy
* Bateau Builder - Expert *
* Bateau Builder - Expert *

Post by Daddy »

What are the details of your window construction? Plexi, lexam? How are they held in place, do any open? Looks great.
Daddy

bear
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by bear »

Daddy

The windows are 8mm laminated glass cut from some office dividing walls that I saved some years ago. The glass is a bit tinted so it looks quite expensive. The truth is that is came to me for nothing. It was however a bit tricky to cut because of the lamination. But I finally made it.

I've uploaded a drawing showing how I made the framing. And, no. The windows does not open.

:wink: Bear