Corsair 11

To help other builders, please list the boat you are building in the Thread Subject -- and to conserve space, please limit your posting to one thread per boat.

Please feel free to use the gallery to display multiple images of your progress.
richwink
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by richwink »

Hi

Looks awesome... Can you post some pictures of the foot strap once you get it on? I sailed mine without the strap and almost tipped on the maiden voyage when we got caught in a storm.
Richard Winkel
<><
CR 13

ks8
* Bateau Builder *
* Bateau Builder *
Location: Now a much longer sail to Tampa Florida! Back to NC, Youngsville FM05tw

Post by ks8 »

Looks good! It must have been fun cutting that hole for the spi tube! Build a beautiful hull... just to cut holes in it! :)

esparver
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by esparver »

Thanks!
richwink wrote:Hi
Looks awesome... Can you post some pictures of the foot strap once you get it on? I sailed mine without the strap and almost tipped on the maiden voyage when we got caught in a storm.
Sure Richard, I'll do. It's very simple though: lap belt (cars) or vest straps sewed with marine resisten thread, some cord and perhaps some elastics to keep them off the bottom.

Also I plan to make an sketch of the Spi setup, launching and recovering system.
ks8 wrote:Looks good! It must have been fun cutting that hole for the spi tube! Build a beautiful hull... just to cut holes in it!
Well I admit the feeling was a bit "strange", I was scared! he he :D but fortunately some epoxi, fillers and biaxial FG can fix almost everything in these boats.

BTW: if you look closely in the spi hole picture you can observe the diffetent layers: epoxi, wood, FG and epoxi again. I have a detailed picture at home which I'll post later because it's very instructive.

Cheers,

ks8
* Bateau Builder *
* Bateau Builder *
Location: Now a much longer sail to Tampa Florida! Back to NC, Youngsville FM05tw

Post by ks8 »

esparver wrote:... fortunately some epoxi, fillers and biaxial FG can fix almost everything in these boats.
gaps are good... :lol:

esparver
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by esparver »

Finally hull is done, she is going to be sailed soon (I hope!! :oops: )

First coat of epoxy primer sanded:

Second coat of epoxy primer:

Second coat of epoxy primer sanded. Ready to paint:

Here we gooo !!!!! this is the final looks after two coats of paint, sand and two paint coats more. At first I though a dark blue would look nice, sure it wold... but a light color looks nicer in a small hull so I went for that glossy yellow.

Cheers!!
Last edited by esparver on Tue Apr 21, 2009 5:04 pm, edited 2 times in total.
- Jordi -

chrisobee
Very Active Poster
Very Active Poster

Post by chrisobee »

She's a beauty. What paint are you using. Looks like you have a great finish. Did you roll and tip, spray?

jeremy
Active Poster
Active Poster

Post by jeremy »

Ooh, she's a beauty. I can't wait to see her on the water.

MadRus
Very Active Poster
Very Active Poster

Post by MadRus »

Nice work Jordi, beautiful boat.

ks8
* Bateau Builder *
* Bateau Builder *

Post by ks8 »

w-w-wait. I --- I'm still blinking... cant tup yut... ca't see ketborf..

Nice! :)

But we've got to see it on the water now, underway, with someone at the helm...

ks

esparver
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by esparver »

ChrisObee wrote:She's a beauty. What paint are you using. Looks like you have a great finish. Did you roll and tip, spray?
Many thanks. I used roller only with a Polyurethane+acrylic enamel of "Titan yate" line, products for yatching from Titanlux paints. Also, the epoxy primer I used is from that brand.

Regards,
- Jordi -