2015 Southeast Builders Meet - Homosassa, FL Oct. 2-4, 2015

Bateau Builders organize and plan their meetings and get-togethers. This is grass roots at its finest, not sanctioned by E-Boat, Inc
Aripeka Angler
* Bateau Builder - Expert *

Re: 2015 Southeast Builders Meet - Homosassa, FL Oct. 2-4, 2

Post by Aripeka Angler »

I didn't pay too much attention to what anyone was wearing or what I looked like. I had fun, great to have a few days off.
Richard
Completed boats...XF20 "Red Alert", Aripeka Angler's Strip Canoe, FS18 “Bare Bones”, GF12
Currently building...PY12 Kayak
If there is magic on this planet, it is contained in water. - Loren Eiseley
Bare Bones build thread...
viewtopic.php?f=12&t=62146

majorgator
* Bateau Builder *
* Bateau Builder *

Post by majorgator »

Wallis and I had a really great time. Good to see some folks that we've developed friendships with over the last several years, thanks to a community that we never expected to be a part of. Its just a by-product of making the crazy decision of building your own boat. There's lots of ways to make new friends, but this has been one of the most unique ways to meet such a diverse group of individuals. Thanks to all who came, and I don't think anyone regretted making the trip.
(And thanks to the group for welcoming us to your table at Neon Leon's after we originally snubbed the idea :wink: )

The venue was excellent, the resort was perfect, and the weather was...well...cool enough, though it was a little damp Saturday morning :D That's OK...I've been in far wetter and nastier conditions.

I didn't get many pictures, but I did snap a few of the boats. Below is chopperman's PH16, smokymountain's PH18, cape man's OD18, and my XF20. There was a local fellow who also brought his recently completed XF20, but I sadly did not get a picture of his boat. It was a really nicely done vessel with a TON of sole area. All of the boats present were very nice looking units and very well built!
Saved by the Blood of Jesus!
See my XF20 Build Thread

Cracker Larry

Post by Cracker Larry »

Sure am sorry we couldn't make it. Missed seeing yall. We build some dang fine boats, but the friendships we have built because of it are better than our boats.
Completed GF12 X 2, GF16, OD18, FS18, GF5, GF18, CL6
"Ships are the nearest things to dreams that hands have ever made." -Robert N. Rose