Port Aransas plyWooden Boat Festival

Bateau Builders organize and plan their meetings and get-togethers. This is grass roots at its finest, not sanctioned by E-Boat, Inc
AtTheBrink
* Bateau Builder *
* Bateau Builder *

Re: Port Aransas plyWooden Boat Festival

Post by AtTheBrink »

Mad Dog emailed me about this show a few weeks back. I am really looking forward to being there. My daughter has gymnastics competition on Sunday of that weekend so I am going to have to pull out Saturday afternoon, but I will be there with my FS18. Mad Dog promised to keep reminding me so I don't let it slip thru the large cracks in my brain and get lost. :oops: Thanks Mad Dog! :D I am excited to meet some new folks and talk boats! And this event is right down the road from me, 15 miles. It would almost be faster for me to get there by boat! Maybe I could have mine displayed on the water?
Mike

"Come, follow me and I will make you fishers of men."
Matthew 4:19

Cannonball
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by Cannonball »

I'm in. I won't have the topsides finished yet and I might show up with mud and slime on the decks, but what the heck. Looks to me like Mike and I will have the most aggresive little boats of the line up on display. Doesn't exactly look like a power boat crowd. I'll send in a pic and see if they'll put it on the website so maybe we can shake things up a bit. I've actuall got a friend who is finishing a Port A skiff out with a 90 hp jet drive right now in the Farley Boatworks shop. Should be fun. Thanks for the heads up Mad Dog, just got the place down there reserved this week so can finally confirm I'll be there.

Mad Dog
Very Active Poster
Very Active Poster

Post by Mad Dog »

Boater, Dougster, Mike and Cannon thanks for stepping up guys!! =D> :D This should be fun. Fishwater, sure hope you can make it. Even if you are not ready to splash your boat would be great to show off.

Dougster, sorry to keep pestering you. I didn't see your post of 9/4, sorry. :oops:

Still plenty of room for other builders. 8)

MD :wink:
Ergo piscor, ergo sum

Cannonball
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by Cannonball »

Oh yeah...

jacquesmm
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by jacquesmm »

Thank you, I'll see you there.
Jacques Mertens - Designer
http://boatbuildercentral.com

Fishwater
* Bateau Builder *
* Bateau Builder *

Post by Fishwater »

Mad Dog wrote:Boater, Dougster, Mike and Cannon thanks for stepping up guys!! =D> :D This should be fun. Fishwater, sure hope you can make it. Even if you are not ready to splash your boat would be great to show off.
My wife is pulling a 24hr shift at the hospital on that Friday. I might be able to swing it. It would mean a 3.5hr drive with the boys (3 & 1) by myself. :help:
I'd certainly like to attend though.

Dougster
* Bateau Builder *
* Bateau Builder *

Post by Dougster »

This is shaping up into a good time :D I'm looking forward to meeting new builders and seeing old friends. I checked the website out and didn't see where you register if bringing a boat, other than posting a pic. I want to park my lb22 (Nina) on the grass and wander around all day so I guess there's plenty of room without registering :doh:

Says good times are coming Dougster

jacquesmm
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by jacquesmm »

If you bring a boat, the registration is free. I think the LB22 would have good success there since ti is a nice blend of classic lines with modern materials.

It can be a very interesting show since most the boats will be very different from ours. Lots to talk about.
Jacques Mertens - Designer
http://boatbuildercentral.com

AtTheBrink
* Bateau Builder *
* Bateau Builder *

Post by AtTheBrink »

I'm going to rent a slip for the weekend. I will only be using it part of the weekend so it will be open for you guys to use. It will be nice to be able to take people out for rides.
I contacted Chuck, one of the organizers, and he said there will be overnight security for those that want to leave their boats on site.

See ya there!
Mike

"Come, follow me and I will make you fishers of men."
Matthew 4:19

Boater45
* Bateau Builder *
* Bateau Builder *

Post by Boater45 »

I think I would like to rent a slip also. Who should I contact?
viewtopic.php?f=12&t=19337
OB17 - Will White, Broken Arrow, OK