Doug's GV10

To help other builders, please list the boat you are building in the Thread Subject -- and to conserve space, please limit your posting to one thread per boat.

Please feel free to use the gallery to display multiple images of your progress.
gtcoupe
* Bateau Builder *
* Bateau Builder *

Re: Doug's GV10

Post by gtcoupe »

Thanks Jacques I appreciate the input!
Completed: FL12 GV10
Next up: P19!
Doug

gtcoupe
* Bateau Builder *
* Bateau Builder *

Post by gtcoupe »

Time for an update. Repaired the damage, thanks to Jacques for the tip on doing the rubrail first. While I was at it I thought a little 2 part foam under the seats would be a good idea, along with a piece of 1/4" fir to protect it and a little 6 oz glass to keep the fir from checking. Also added a small keel glassed with 9oz tape. Plan to add a strip of metal to the keel to protect it dragging on the beach, if anyone has ideas I'd sure like to hear them. Next step is to sand the entire hull and repaint. Note to self, stick to cheap marine paint, the housepaint on the inside is flaking off big time. The bottom looks like hell because it's been through it. Not one scratch in the resin however, I expected much worse.

Panel repair

Foamed and boxed seat

Litte keel
Imagele keel

Paint damage on bow
Completed: FL12 GV10
Next up: P19!
Doug

terrulian
* Bateau Builder *
* Bateau Builder *

Post by terrulian »

Looks solid. Please post as you progress. Who knows which one of us will have to go through something like this?
Tony