PNW CX 25 scaled up

To help other builders, please list the boat you are building in the Thread Subject -- and to conserve space, please limit your posting to one thread per boat.

Please feel free to use the gallery to display multiple images of your progress.
PNWcx25
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Re: PNW CX 25

Post by PNWcx25 »

Thanks Dave!

Spokaloo
* Bateau Builder - Expert *

Post by Spokaloo »

Hey, if you ever need to bounce something off of someone a little closer, I'm over here in Spokanistan.

Looking forward to a CX25 going together out this way. Hell, you get her done, I'll bring the jig setups and the bait setups and we can go put some albacore blood on her!

E

PNWcx25
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by PNWcx25 »

Been a little busy with 2 duplex's closing and making the repairs the inspector noticed. Their sold and closed now, so back at it.
Spokaloo wrote:Hey, if you ever need to bounce something off of someone a little closer, I'm over here in Spokanistan.

Looking forward to a CX25 going together out this way. Hell, you get her done, I'll bring the jig setups and the bait setups and we can go put some albacore blood on her!

E
If your in Ilwaco look me up, I'm at dock K, slip 55 - red and white Sea Legend Arima.

Tony

Spokaloo

Post by Spokaloo »

I'm in Ilwacky occasionally, though most of the boats I fish on are home ported out of Westport.

Are you planning on doing the Area 1 halibut show this spring? Have you had the Arima out for albies recently?

There's a chance the halibut gig may happen down that way this year, still waiting to hear on a couple variables.

E

PNWcx25
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by PNWcx25 »

Yes, I'm Planing on the Hali-butt area 1 this year and Tuna. This will be the first year for the Arima , as I've boat hor'd on other boats out of Westport and Newport

Spokaloo

Post by Spokaloo »

Keep me posted if you need crew.

I bring mostly jig gear and have a few live bait setups as well .

E

PNWcx25
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by PNWcx25 »

Finished the molds yesterday, a full week ahead of target day.

Must admit I was a little disappointed in that I got to spend very little on new tools. My 25 year old B&D had only a 1/2 stroke and most likely 20 year old blades both where upgraded. The new Craftsman has a 1 inch stroke with various speed setting, It also has a line blower so I was able to not pass out from hyperventilating. Picked up some Bosch T 30880 blades between the two I thought I was driving a race car.

My cheap Home depot tape measure bit the dust so I picked up a Drywall square and a 72 inch straightedge both had increments down to the 1/8th inch, which is all I needed. Total new tool investment under $ 100.00

Heading to Seattle to pick up foam for the hull next week, should have the jig built by then.

jacquesmm
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by jacquesmm »

So, that boat building thing is just an excuse to buy new tools? :D
Jacques Mertens - Designer
http://boatbuildercentral.com

PNWcx25
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by PNWcx25 »

If you have a reason to build a boat, new tool is a pretty good one

FinsUp
New Poster
New Poster

Post by FinsUp »

I'll be watching this build closely. I'm very interested in this boat.