PlyWooden Boat show in Port Aransas TX

Bateau Builders organize and plan their meetings and get-togethers. This is grass roots at its finest, not sanctioned by E-Boat, Inc
texasrds
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Re: PlyWooden Boat show in Port Aransas TX

Post by texasrds »

Just like MrPaul said above, I need to build faster! I am going to try bringing the OD18 over for the show even though it isn't going to be finished. And that means I need to get the trailer put back together as well...... It was great to meet several of the builders there last year as well as Jacques and Richard's wife while my wife and I were getting a first hand tour of their great Skoota (never did get to meet Richard though). Anyhow, going to shoot to attend.

Randy.
The only reason for time is so that everything doesn't happen at once.

Dougster
* Bateau Builder *
* Bateau Builder *

Post by Dougster »

I accidentally posted on last years forum, so I'll put it right. I'll be there this year and look forward to it. There's tons of cleaver builds, lots of good folks, and the worst of the summer heat is over. Hope to see other Bateau builders there too.

Dougster

Jeff
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Jeff »

Dougsrer, both Jacques and I will be there all weekend. Jacques will be presenting/speaking on Saturday and Sunday. Look forward to meeting you in person!! Have a nice holiday!! Jeff

Gino
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by Gino »

I'll be heading down again this year and am looking coward to meeting some of the other builders. My FS18 won't make it down this year but will probably be on show next year.
Gino

jacquesmm
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by jacquesmm »

I would love to see many bateau builders there.
Jeff and I leave on Thursday, we"ll be there for the 3 days. This is also the right place to discuss boats, changes you want to make to plans etc.
Jacques Mertens - Designer
http://boatbuildercentral.com

MrPaul
Active Poster
Active Poster

Post by MrPaul »

I'm going to try to make it on the 9th. Unfortunately my boat is still upside down and I'm still trailerless.

Jeff
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Jeff »

Look forward to meeting you MrPaul!! Jeff

LagunaFisher
New Poster
New Poster

Post by LagunaFisher »

This looks to be an excellent opportunity. I have been reading this site for probably 10 years and wanting to build. It would be nice to see some of the finished products and meet builders and the great folks behind the bateau site. The weather Saturday looks perfect. I plan to start building one of my own this winter.

jacquesmm
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by jacquesmm »

Sorry for the bad news but Jeff and I have to cancel our trip to Port Aransas. There is a mean hurricane (Matthew) coming our way, winds of 140 mph, and it looks like it will hit our area.
We have to board our houses, the office, secure the boats etc.
Our flight from West Palm Beach will anyway not take off: were supposed to leave just when the hurricane arrives.

Sorry to miss you, it will be for next year. Take pictures and post them please.
Jacques Mertens - Designer
http://boatbuildercentral.com

Dougster
* Bateau Builder *
* Bateau Builder *

Post by Dougster »

I'm sorry too Jacques, but I sure don't blame you and hope the best for your property. Come next year and I'll have the SK14 finished :) I hope I meet some other Bateau builders while I'm there. You'll recognize me. I'm the old grey bearded guy walking around gawking at the boats and talking up the builders. I'll be there early Sat. afternoon and stay through Monday.

Hoping the best for folks in harms way Dougster.