Jaysen's V12 -- 'Lil Bit' of everything fun

To help other builders, please list the boat you are building in the Thread Subject -- and to conserve space, please limit your posting to one thread per boat.

Please feel free to use the gallery to display multiple images of your progress.
Jaysen
* Bateau Builder *
* Bateau Builder *

Re: Jaysen's V12 -- 'Lil Bit' of everything fun

Post by Jaysen »

7-9’

At 9’ it’s dry under the lift. At 8’ I can row/sail her off. Peanuts compared to your swing but a long way to drag a 150lb hull up a ramp (with 100lbs of gear).
My already completed 'Lil Bit'. A Martens Goosen V12 set up to sail me to the fishing holes.
Currently working on making a Helms 24 our coastal cruiser.
“Mark Twain/Samuel Clemens” wrote:Eat a live frog first thing in the morning and nothing worse will happen to you the rest of the day.
Jaysen wrote: Mon Apr 29, 2019 3:44 pm I tried to say something but God thought I was wrong and filled my mouth with saltwater. I kept my pie hole shut after that.

Jeff
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Jeff »

Nice set-up Jaysen!!! Jeff

Fuzz
* Bateau Builder - Expert *
* Bateau Builder - Expert *

Post by Fuzz »

Yes sir having to drag the skiff around would get old in a hurry. I am a little surprised you have that much tidal action there.
I seem to remember some of the places in Florida were more like 1-2 foot. Like everything tidal swings have their up and down sides. It would be nice to pull into a harbor with no wind or current. Be nice to be able to take your time around the docks. A little wind and a couple knots of current in the harbor can make things a little interesting. The nice thing about big tides is it makes it easy to dry out the boat for bottom work.