Jaysen's V12 -- 'Lil Bit' of everything fun

To help other builders, please list the boat you are building in the Thread Subject -- and to conserve space, please limit your posting to one thread per boat.

Please feel free to use the gallery to display multiple images of your progress.
Jaysen
* Bateau Builder *
* Bateau Builder *

Re: Jaysen's V12 -- 'Lil Bit' of everything fun

Post by Jaysen »

Fuzz wrote: Wed Mar 09, 2022 12:47 pm Pray tell what is that blue and white thing in the yard?
That is the current nightmare Adam (of the fl14) is living through. Trophy 2103 with a 200ho Optimax. He bought it cheap and has been pouring money into it like a hole in the ocean. Break Out Another Thousand.

He is surprised at how often I’m able to diag and fix that opti. “You hate motors… how do you know this?” He forgets that I have 50yr old car, multiple outboards, and grew up in the ‘80s when it was required to “assist” the neighbors with car repairs (before said car was towed to the mechanic to make it run again).
My already completed 'Lil Bit'. A Martens Goosen V12 set up to sail me to the fishing holes.
Currently working on making a Helms 24 our coastal cruiser.
“Mark Twain/Samuel Clemens” wrote:Eat a live frog first thing in the morning and nothing worse will happen to you the rest of the day.
Jaysen wrote: Mon Apr 29, 2019 3:44 pm I tried to say something but God thought I was wrong and filled my mouth with saltwater. I kept my pie hole shut after that.

Fuzz
* Bateau Builder - Expert *

Post by Fuzz »

The bad part of pouring money into a Bayliner is no matter how nice you make it it will still be a Bayliner. I am not saying they are bad boats but their reputation is not the best earned or not.

Jaysen
* Bateau Builder *
* Bateau Builder *

Post by Jaysen »

Fuzz wrote: Wed Mar 09, 2022 3:45 pm The bad part of pouring money into a Bayliner is no matter how nice you make it it will still be a Bayliner. I am not saying they are bad boats but their reputation is not the best earned or not.
Hence his nightmare. Honestly the boat does what he wants. You just can expect a boat that sits idle for 10+ yr to work well until you've replaced everything twice.
My already completed 'Lil Bit'. A Martens Goosen V12 set up to sail me to the fishing holes.
“Mark Twain/Samuel Clemens” wrote:Eat a live frog first thing in the morning and nothing worse will happen to you the rest of the day.
Jaysen wrote: Mon Apr 29, 2019 3:44 pm I tried to say something but God thought I was wrong and filled my mouth with saltwater. I kept my pie hole shut after that.

Jaysen
* Bateau Builder *
* Bateau Builder *

Post by Jaysen »

Well… we shall have neither stories of needless peril nor of fish being gotten. Lil Bit remains on her trailer secure in the yard. I was overruled by The Boss Lady and dingle bat (aka Adam who I can normally rely on to “hold my beer”) and launch was aborted.

There are old sailors.
There are brave sailors.
There are very few brave old sailors.
There a lot armchair sailors who are married to women that prefer leaving the insurance policy for use in less questionable circumstances.

Jaysen
* Bateau Builder *
* Bateau Builder *

Post by Jaysen »

Well… this is the weekend forecast.

https://youtu.be/a8yDyM07JHI

I’m not dumb enough to even take the big boat out in this.

Fuzz

Post by Fuzz »

What is the problem? I seem to recall you like it a little lumpy.........................lumps makes chunks :lol:

Jaysen
* Bateau Builder *
* Bateau Builder *

Post by Jaysen »

I do. But rowing in that? Too much work.

Jaysen
* Bateau Builder *
* Bateau Builder *

Post by Jaysen »

I think this will make Reid happy…

BAM

Take that ramp rash!

jonnymac
Active Poster
Active Poster

Post by jonnymac »

👏👏👏👏👏👏👏👏👏🍻

Fuzz

Post by Fuzz »

Now that is a nice set up! That should make it much easier to use the boat on short notice. What is the tidal range there?