Xf20

Power Boats only. Please include the boat type in your question.
Jaysen
* Bateau Builder *
* Bateau Builder *

Re: Xf20

Post by Jaysen »

Newt has it. Right over her head it says "blazer".
My already completed 'Lil Bit'. A Martens Goosen V12 set up to sail me to the fishing holes.
Currently working on making a Helms 24 our coastal cruiser.
“Mark Twain/Samuel Clemens” wrote:Eat a live frog first thing in the morning and nothing worse will happen to you the rest of the day.
Jaysen wrote: Mon Apr 29, 2019 3:44 pm I tried to say something but God thought I was wrong and filled my mouth with saltwater. I kept my pie hole shut after that.

Freaknreakn
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by Freaknreakn »

1971 Chevy Blazer. Being this is a boat forum, I'll keep it out of pics. I don't want to get flagged by the admin :P

Jaysen
* Bateau Builder *
* Bateau Builder *

Post by Jaysen »

Feel free to post some pics!

In the background of the some pics of Lil Bit you'll see a '75 MG Midget. I'm working on a truck acquisition for but the bank (aka mrs) is being finicky. Option A is a '47 Load Master (2.5t, short base with dual speed diff) with original stovebolt. Option B is a '74 Chevy that appears to be original equipment (long bed, AC, auto, 4x4). Hard to beat the LM for the cool factor. But AC tends to win for any summer driving.
My already completed 'Lil Bit'. A Martens Goosen V12 set up to sail me to the fishing holes.
Currently working on making a Helms 24 our coastal cruiser.
“Mark Twain/Samuel Clemens” wrote:Eat a live frog first thing in the morning and nothing worse will happen to you the rest of the day.
Jaysen wrote: Mon Apr 29, 2019 3:44 pm I tried to say something but God thought I was wrong and filled my mouth with saltwater. I kept my pie hole shut after that.

Jeff
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Jeff »

Nice Jaysen!!! Jeff

stickystuff
* Bateau Builder - Expert *

Post by stickystuff »

The only thing I see wrong is the blue and orange paint scheme. Gators?? YUK> GO VOLS :lol: :lol: :roll: :roll:
Capt. Ken Owens

A little saw dust, a little glue, and a lot of love, and she will float.

Freaknreakn
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by Freaknreakn »

stickystuff wrote:The only thing I see wrong is the blue and orange paint scheme. Gators?? YUK> GO VOLS :lol: :lol: :roll: :roll:
Oh, you have no idea how orange and blue it is. The pics are not detailed, nor have I shown the inside. When I glue the last transom piece tonight, I'll include a few that will make even the most diehard Vol fan drool. BTW, I root SEC all the way, except against UF.

Special Shout Out to Jeff. Guys, if you don't already know, Jeffs a cool dude. He was willing to drive out to Yeehaw Junc
to deliver okoume wood, preventing shipping charges. Thank You Jeff!!

This weekend, I plan on stitching. I'm going to have to remove excess epoxy from the first two stringers b/c of sloppiness. The last two, my learning curve was much better. I remember seeing Majorgator lining his stringers up to sand/plane? them all the same. How important is it to make them all the same size, as well as the transom pieces. I noticed on the transom the bottom and sides are spot on, but the top edges could use a touch up. I'm also anal retentive(occupational hazard), and I might be stressing too much over tiny details.

stickystuff

Post by stickystuff »

I will stick with my Vols. I lived in Tenn for five yrs. Got hooked on them. They ride around in Orange and white trucks just like the gator fans do here in blue and orange. Where in Ozello are you? I live one mile North of the mall. My name is Ken. 352 342-6619 I will come by if you like. I am or was co designer on the xf20
Capt. Ken Owens

Freaknreakn
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by Freaknreakn »

Thanks for the offer Ken! The boat build is actually in Lady Lake, FL. We are closing in Ozello end of this month, supposedly. It has been suggested by my superior commander that I move the boat build there asap. For some reason, she, (no names but she goes by "wife" occasionally), would like her tidy garage back :doh:.
Can someone tell her I'm making the world a better place with a bad A$$ boat :D

stickystuff

Post by stickystuff »

Just read the stale mail. OOPS> Call me when you get the move. YUP the XF will take a lot of room and will make one hell of a mess when you start sanding and the like. Hury. Fishin season is just around the corner.Dont overload it with all the fancy do dads like the black biotch I built. Keep it light and you will be able to go further in the shallows. 8O :D :D :lol:
Capt. Ken Owens

Freaknreakn
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by Freaknreakn »

Guys,
Trying my best to work on the xf20, but life gets in the way. Here are a few pics. As you can see I goofed on cutting the tunnel on the transom. I suppose I will reshape using fillets? If anyone has a suggestion, please give it :help: