FS 19 build

To help other builders, please list the boat you are building in the Thread Subject -- and to conserve space, please limit your posting to one thread per boat.

Please feel free to use the gallery to display multiple images of your progress.
OrangeQuest
Very Active Poster
Very Active Poster

Re: FS 19 build

Post by OrangeQuest »

Browndog wrote: Wed Nov 28, 2018 9:10 am Next project is a Plyak 12 for a local organization, Coastal Wildscapes, to help them raise money at their annual fundraiser in March. The CNC kit was just cut on Monday and I’m driving down to pick it up next week. Just started a build thread in the Builder’s Small Boats section. I hope to crank it out in a couple of months.
That will be an exciting build to follow.
"that it isn't just an ordinary sort of boat. Sometimes it's a Boat, and sometimes it's more of an Accident. It all depends." "Depends on what?" "On whether I'm on the top of it or underneath it."
A. A. Milne

Browndog
* Bateau Builder *
* Bateau Builder *

Post by Browndog »

The hull draft of the FS-19 is less than a foot. The draft is comparable to or better than my Egret 189 Carbon/Kevlar flats skiff.

Dan_Smullen
* Bateau Builder *
* Bateau Builder *

Post by Dan_Smullen »

Browndog wrote: Mon Mar 19, 2018 1:50 pm Got the Semi rigid vinyl rubrail 100% installed.The stainless steel insert is 90% installed. I’ve got to figure out how to make the bend around the transom corners. The NAV lights are dryfitted, got to seal the holes with epoxy and wire everything up.
What a sharp looking rig, Browndog!

Curious about manufacturer and model number on the rub rail? Is that a Taco kit?

Browndog
* Bateau Builder *
* Bateau Builder *

Post by Browndog »

The rub rail and the stainless insert came from Integrity Marine Corp./Barbour Plastics. I believe they are the manufacturer for Taco Marine. Semi rigid Rubrail Part number F2083, $6.00/ft. Comes in a coil. The 3/4” hollow backed stainless steel insert is between $2.75 - $3.50/ft depending on the grade of stainless you want. It comes in lengths between 10-16 feet.

I also got my spray rails from them.

Dan_Smullen
* Bateau Builder *
* Bateau Builder *

Post by Dan_Smullen »

Browndog wrote: Sun Nov 17, 2019 8:33 pm The rub rail and the stainless insert came from Integrity Marine Corp./Barbour Plastics. I believe they are the manufacturer for Taco Marine. Semi rigid Rubrail Part number F2083, $6.00/ft. Comes in a coil. The 3/4” hollow backed stainless steel insert is between $2.75 - $3.50/ft depending on the grade of stainless you want. It comes in lengths between 10-16 feet.

I also got my spray rails from them.
Good man, BD! Thank you sir. Seems reasonably priced.

Is the boat still in C’ville? I’m down the road in Richmond and will keep my eyes peeled for a sexy FS19 while I’m in town.

Browndog
* Bateau Builder *
* Bateau Builder *

Post by Browndog »

The boat is at my brother’s house in C’ville. He lives on a 24 acre hobby farm just North of town.

He’s been using the boat a lot lately on the bay. A couple weeks ago he and a friend caught a dozen rockfish, but they were all short. He’s been enjoying the boat and getting familiar with a number of different fishing spots. He struggles sometimes to find someone to go with him, so if you have an interest I will pass it along.