FS18 Straight Sheer, Round Chine

To help other builders, please list the boat you are building in the Thread Subject -- and to conserve space, please limit your posting to one thread per boat.

Please feel free to use the gallery to display multiple images of your progress.
Reid
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: FS18 Straight Sheer, Round Chine

Post by Reid »

Got the fuel gauge, USB Plug, and Fusion stereo installed into the console today.
IMG_7640.jpg
IMG_7639.jpg
Someone asked me, if I were stranded on a desert island what book would I bring... "How to Build a Boat."
- Steven Wright

OrangeQuest
Very Active Poster
Very Active Poster

Post by OrangeQuest »

That is one nice and clean looking console.

Wish I could think in clean and simple.
"that it isn't just an ordinary sort of boat. Sometimes it's a Boat, and sometimes it's more of an Accident. It all depends." "Depends on what?" "On whether I'm on the top of it or underneath it."
A. A. Milne

TomW1
Very Active Poster
Very Active Poster

Post by TomW1 »

Very nice!! I do not see a tach to dial in the prop? Tom
Restored Mirror Dinghy, Bought OD18 built by CL, Westlawn School of Yacht Design courses. LT US Navy 1970-1978

fishgitr
* Bateau Builder *
* Bateau Builder *

Post by fishgitr »

Fish won't bite if that radio is thumping... :)

Reid
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Reid »

TomW1 wrote: Tue Dec 13, 2022 6:03 pm Very nice!! I do not see a tach to dial in the prop? Tom
Going to have to wing it a little I guess. I will use a portable GPS unit to help gauge my speeds. The motor (Suzukit 25 HP w/ electric trim/tilt) can be adjusted with the trim/tilt feature as well as adjustments with the jack plate. Tom, I will definitely rely on your expertise if I need to make any prop adjustments! I assume I will eventually get a nicer prop to replace the factory prop that comes with the motor but I will have to cross that bridge once the boat is fully rigged and I do some test runs with it fully loaded.
-Reid
Someone asked me, if I were stranded on a desert island what book would I bring... "How to Build a Boat."
- Steven Wright

Reid
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Reid »

fishgitr wrote: Wed Dec 14, 2022 12:15 am Fish won't bite if that radio is thumping... :)
Don't worry buddy, the "Flats Stalker" will be in full stealth mode when lines are in the water. The stereo is so I can play my victory music as I idle up to the dock to weigh my trophy catch!!! 8) :lol: :lol:
-Reid
- Steven Wright

fallguy1000
* Bateau Builder - Expert *
* Bateau Builder - Expert *

Post by fallguy1000 »

Reid wrote: Wed Dec 14, 2022 8:47 am
TomW1 wrote: Tue Dec 13, 2022 6:03 pm Very nice!! I do not see a tach to dial in the prop? Tom
Going to have to wing it a little I guess. I will use a portable GPS unit to help gauge my speeds. The motor (Suzukit 25 HP w/ electric trim/tilt) can be adjusted with the trim/tilt feature as well as adjustments with the jack plate. Tom, I will definitely rely on your expertise if I need to make any prop adjustments! I assume I will eventually get a nicer prop to replace the factory prop that comes with the motor but I will have to cross that bridge once the boat is fully rigged and I do some test runs with it fully loaded.
-Reid
Tiny tach?

https://www.tinytach.com/gasoline-tinytach
My boat build is here -------->

viewtopic.php?f=12&t=62495

TomW1
Very Active Poster
Very Active Poster

Post by TomW1 »

I also recommend the Tiny Tachs when someone does not have a tach on their boat. Tom
Restored Mirror Dinghy, Bought OD18 built by CL, Westlawn School of Yacht Design courses. LT US Navy 1970-1978

Reid
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Reid »

TomW1 wrote: Wed Dec 14, 2022 7:24 pm I also recommend the Tiny Tachs when someone does not have a tach on their boat. Tom
Ok, good advise. Maybe I will get one and mount it next to my electrical panel.
Thank you TomW1 and Fallguy!
-Reid
- Steven Wright

glossieblack
* Bateau Builder *
* Bateau Builder *

Post by glossieblack »

Elegant FS18. :D
Currently building Jacques Mertens ST21 "Skinnydip". Boating adventures: Splash testing and using 'Skinnydip, as a basis of further building refinement; Adams 44’ sailing sloop "Great Sandy" (cruising and maintaining); Iain Oughtred Feather Pram "Mini Dip" (building); Jacques Mertens R13 "Wood Duck" (built and due for maintenance).