FS13 'Lil Stream

To help other builders, please list the boat you are building in the Thread Subject -- and to conserve space, please limit your posting to one thread per boat.

Please feel free to use the gallery to display multiple images of your progress.
BB Sig
Very Active Poster
Very Active Poster

Re: FS13 'Lil Stream

Post by BB Sig »

jacquesmm wrote: Fri Apr 05, 2019 12:32 pm To fix the wavy sheer may take several steps:
- remove the rubrail or cut a large number of slits in it, vertical
- drill through the foam where it pushes the side panel out or,
- if necessary remove a 1" slice of the foam along the side.
Once your side panel is not under pressure anymore, install a new, solid rubrail.
Finish by filling the foam gaps, slowly, a little bit at a time.
Thanks for those ideas. I'm pressing onward though. Dealing with the wavy sheer the best I can without going backwards. I just got a contract on our house and I want the rubrails on her prior to leaving. I might not have a place to work at a rental house. :help:

It might not be the straightest boat but she'll float! :lol:

BB Sig
Very Active Poster
Very Active Poster

Post by BB Sig »

So medical issues, a baby being born, and selling a house really get in the way of boat building! :help: With all that mostly behind me, I am back at work on 'Lil Stream! Mid-Stream is stored away in a barn at my I had a quite weekend planned and got an extra free Hurricane Day off from work so I was busy working in the new garage.

I don't know what happened to the pictures but I took most of Jacques advice and cut some foam to relieve tension on the sides. A little persuasion from reversed clamps to spread the waves out and foam poured and hardened took care of most of it. :D

Not having installed a fishfinder/GPS before, I ASSumed that you could run the power and transducer wiring in the same chase tube. What I read on the subject convinced me it was a no go but I had already poured the foam! Nothing a multitool won't fix! You can also see the overdrilled hole that is now fillled.

I used coroplast (think political sign material) to make most of the blocking because I could not tape around the holes. Worked great! I could cut to fit tightly and just slide it where it was needed using the foam to hold it tight.

I needed to make a curved chase so I packed a irrigation pipe (thin wall pvc) with sand and heated it with a heat gun. Worked fairly well with very minor kinks! Regular PVC works better for bending but the walls take up room and weight. :wink:

I was getting low on breakfast sandwiches and a bit tired of them. I bought the fixings for breakfast burritos and turned to the skillet when it was too hot in the garage. They are my family's favorite breakfast.

Jeff
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Jeff »

Good to see you back at it BB!!! Jeff

Capt UB
* Bateau Builder *
* Bateau Builder *

Post by Capt UB »

Barry did you finish this build. Going to look in Build threads....

Bob

BB Sig
Very Active Poster
Very Active Poster

Post by BB Sig »

Not yet but The wife is gone next week and I am in training for two weeks from home. Training doesn't start until 11 am so I might pull the boat into the garage to get some work done.

New to me house and yard has been keeping me too busy. My wife has been telling me to take a break but she also wants things done... :doh: I'm sure you have all heard this before! :lol:

OrangeQuest
Very Active Poster
Very Active Poster

Post by OrangeQuest »

BB Sig wrote: Thu Jun 11, 2020 11:51 am

My wife has been telling me to take a break but she also wants things done... :doh: I'm sure you have all heard this before! :lol:
IT'S A TRICK!!! KEEP WORKING on the honey do's!!
"that it isn't just an ordinary sort of boat. Sometimes it's a Boat, and sometimes it's more of an Accident. It all depends." "Depends on what?" "On whether I'm on the top of it or underneath it."
A. A. Milne

BB Sig
Very Active Poster
Very Active Poster

Post by BB Sig »

Got some time carved out and space cleared! :D Space is always at a premium....

Finished flattening the foam and fitted the doubler. Need to coat the doubler and all the foam in epoxy. I've got some parts and pieces to fit as well as a kayak trolley to figure out.

Jeff
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Jeff »

Good to see you back at it!!! Jeff

cape man
* Bateau Builder - Expert *
* Bateau Builder - Expert *

Post by cape man »

Bet that feels good after so long!
The world always seems brighter when you've just made something that wasn't there before - Neil Gaiman

BB Sig
Very Active Poster
Very Active Poster

Post by BB Sig »

cape man wrote: Mon Aug 31, 2020 11:30 am Bet that feels good after so long!
It does! :D