2020 Southeastern Boat Builders Meet

Bateau Builders organize and plan their meetings and get-togethers. This is grass roots at its finest, not sanctioned by E-Boat, Inc
cape man
* Bateau Builder - Expert *

Re: 2020 Southeastern Boat Builders Meet

Post by cape man »

Clara's going to Home Coming! May bring the canoe as well.
The world always seems brighter when you've just made something that wasn't there before - Neil Gaiman

Gino
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by Gino »

Gino here,

Heading to the Meet from Texas and would love to try fishing for Tarpon, something I have not fished for down here in South Texas. If anybody is interested in joining up, I will be arriving Wednesday to try and fish on Thursday. If I have to pay a guide, might as well split it with someone else or if anyone has a boat and knows the area, I would have no problem paying that way.

I will not have a rod or reel because I am flying, so would need to rent/borrow tackle from someone, or I can bring my reels and leave a newly purchased rod as payment for fuel or such.

Gino Harden
gino@ginotx.com

Aripeka Angler

Post by Aripeka Angler »

Gino wrote: Mon Jun 08, 2020 2:32 pm Gino here,

Heading to the Meet from Texas and would love to try fishing for Tarpon, something I have not fished for down here in South Texas. If anybody is interested in joining up, I will be arriving Wednesday to try and fish on Thursday. If I have to pay a guide, might as well split it with someone else or if anyone has a boat and knows the area, I would have no problem paying that way.

I will not have a rod or reel because I am flying, so would need to rent/borrow tackle from someone, or I can bring my reels and leave a newly purchased rod as payment for fuel or such.

Gino Harden
gino@ginotx.com
I’ll be there with my XF20. Ultimate social distance boat and I’ll have plenty of fishing rods...
Richard
Completed boats...XF20 "Red Alert", Aripeka Angler's Strip Canoe, FS18 “Bare Bones”, GF12
Currently building...PY12 Kayak
If there is magic on this planet, it is contained in water. - Loren Eiseley
Bare Bones build thread...
viewtopic.php?f=12&t=62146

Reid
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Reid »

Aripeka Angler wrote: Mon Jun 08, 2020 7:15 pm
Gino wrote: Mon Jun 08, 2020 2:32 pm Gino here,

Gino Harden
gino@ginotx.com
I’ll be there with my XF20. Ultimate social distance boat and I’ll have plenty of fishing rods...
Gino/AA,
Here is a map of the St. Lucie Inlet. You can see the red dot at the top, that is where we are staying (River Palms). I have marked out a few good spots to Tarpon fish. May, June, July are all good months for Tarpon! Fair warning, they are not easy to catch! (which is probably why they are sought after).
1. Roosevelt bridge - lots of good current moving through here. Two bridges meet up (railroad and main bridge) and run parallel over the St. Lucie River. Lots of good structure.
2. Evans Crary Bridge and area south of the bridge - lots of wide open water with residential docks lining the river. If the current is running and bait is moving this is a good spot.
3. Crossroads area inside the inlet - great spot for Tarpon action. Tarpon roll in from the inlet and run the channel. Anchor up along a sand bar and have some live bait ready.
4. Tarpon are also running along the beaches this time of year, just got to find the bait fish.

Good luck!
Reid
Capture.JPG
Someone asked me, if I were stranded on a desert island what book would I bring... "How to Build a Boat."
- Steven Wright

Gino
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by Gino »

Thanks for the offer and info.

I’ll cover gas cost for the equipment and any opportunity to fish.
Added bonus is the XF20, have the plans but concerned about rough ride in south Texas, now I can see what it is actually like.

Gino

Fuzz

Post by Fuzz »

If you are going with AA not only is it a nice boat but you will be fishing with a super guy. Just do not let him be the weather man............just saying 8)

Jaysen
* Bateau Builder *
* Bateau Builder *

Post by Jaysen »

Fuzz wrote: Tue Jun 16, 2020 2:59 pm If you are going with AA not only is it a nice boat but you will be fishing with a super guy. Just do not let him be the weather man............just saying 8)
Hmmm... I seem to recall
Fuzz talking to Jaysen about July/August in Alaska wrote: It will be warm! The weather will be wonderful! And fishing will be hot!
HAHAHAHAHAHA!

I'ms till trying to figure out how to make this. Y'all pick the WORST times for me.
My already completed 'Lil Bit'. A Martens Goosen V12 set up to sail me to the fishing holes.
Currently working on making a Helms 24 our coastal cruiser.
“Mark Twain/Samuel Clemens” wrote:Eat a live frog first thing in the morning and nothing worse will happen to you the rest of the day.
Jaysen wrote: Mon Apr 29, 2019 3:44 pm I tried to say something but God thought I was wrong and filled my mouth with saltwater. I kept my pie hole shut after that.

Rtorres2411
* Bateau Builder *
* Bateau Builder *

Post by Rtorres2411 »

Good morning to all, I just reserved a room at the River Palms. See you all there.

Ruben

Reid
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Reid »

Rtorres2411 wrote: Fri Jun 19, 2020 9:17 am Good morning to all, I just reserved a room at the River Palms. See you all there.

Ruben
Glad you can make it, Ruben! Look forward to seeing you there.

-Reid
Someone asked me, if I were stranded on a desert island what book would I bring... "How to Build a Boat."
- Steven Wright

Aripeka Angler

Post by Aripeka Angler »

We are all healthy and still planning to attend. :D
Looking forward to meeting new boat building friends...
Richard
Completed boats...XF20 "Red Alert", Aripeka Angler's Strip Canoe, FS18 “Bare Bones”, GF12
Currently building...PY12 Kayak
If there is magic on this planet, it is contained in water. - Loren Eiseley
Bare Bones build thread...
viewtopic.php?f=12&t=62146