2020 Southeastern Boat Builders Meet

Bateau Builders organize and plan their meetings and get-togethers. This is grass roots at its finest, not sanctioned by E-Boat, Inc
Jeff
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: 2018 Southeastern Boat Builders Meet

Post by Jeff »

Ken, Really nice to hear from you and see you back on the Forum!! Just really hate to hear about your wife, I am very sorry!! Yes, please keep us up to date on how you and she are doing!! We will get a note out about the move soon!! Jeff

tcason
Active Poster
Active Poster

Post by tcason »

Could the boat builder's meet be close to your warehouse? - after you get settled

It would be great to see your operation.

Maybe get a few supplier's lined up one day to do demo's and Q and A? - social, learning and fishing....................

TomW1
Very Active Poster
Very Active Poster

Post by TomW1 »

Ken enjoy the time you have with your wife. COPD is not pleasant. I have first stage and have a CPAP machine I use at night. Fifty years smoking and I finally quit 3 years ago. Probably to late. Well praying for you guys and hoping your move will be fruitful with your family

Tom
Restored Mirror Dinghy, Bought OD18 built by CL, Westlawn School of Yacht Design courses. LT US Navy 1970-1978

cape man
* Bateau Builder - Expert *

Post by cape man »

What about going to the same place as last year and keep it simple? Folks bring their boats, food, and drinks. That was easy and really a neat place.
The world always seems brighter when you've just made something that wasn't there before - Neil Gaiman

Capt UB
* Bateau Builder *
* Bateau Builder *

Post by Capt UB »

cape man wrote: Mon Jul 30, 2018 2:52 pm What about going to the same place as last year and keep it simple? Folks bring their boats, food, and drinks. That was easy and really a neat place.
Cape Man good call.
Would be close to the new BBC place to see it. And this time I will have a boat to show! (just don't look to closely at the fairing job!) 8)

Reid
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Reid »

cape man wrote: Mon Jul 30, 2018 2:52 pm What about going to the same place as last year and keep it simple? Folks bring their boats, food, and drinks. That was easy and really a neat place.
Cape man,

I think we are going to try and get the same set up as last year. We really liked the setup with the cabin on the water and it is within 40 mins of our new shop so if anyone wanted to come see the new facility they can certainly do so. I will try and book something soon.

Reid
Someone asked me, if I were stranded on a desert island what book would I bring... "How to Build a Boat."
- Steven Wright

cape man

Post by cape man »

Mid October...
The world always seems brighter when you've just made something that wasn't there before - Neil Gaiman

Reid
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Reid »

cape man wrote: Mon Jul 30, 2018 9:46 pm Mid October...
Cape Man,

Sorry if there was any confusion but I posted the other day that we were not going to be able to put something together this October. We have so much going on with the build out and move to the new location. I did actually call the River Palms Cottages (where we were last year) and they were totally booked up for October and most of November. Jeff and I were thinking of trying to put together the Builder's Meet in May at the River Palms. On a side note, I think the water will be cleaner due to the Army Corps not dumping Lake O as much during the winter months.

Let me know your thoughts, we definitely want you guys to join us!!!

-Reid
Someone asked me, if I were stranded on a desert island what book would I bring... "How to Build a Boat."
- Steven Wright

fishgitr
* Bateau Builder *
* Bateau Builder *

Post by fishgitr »

I am good with whatever!!

Reid I already extended the offer to Jeff, but I am willing to come down for a few days to help you all move just let me know a couple days in advance.

George Costanza
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by George Costanza »

Reid,

Spring works great, it is actually preferable. Us college football fans have a tough time making it in October. Good Luck with the move!