FS14- Bayou City Boat

To help other builders, please list the boat you are building in the Thread Subject -- and to conserve space, please limit your posting to one thread per boat.

Please feel free to use the gallery to display multiple images of your progress.
Dougster
* Bateau Builder *
* Bateau Builder *

Re: FS14- Bayou City Boat

Post by Dougster »

Looks terrific from here---big milestone. Installs will be fun. That boat wants to get wet.

Dougster

pee wee
Very Active Poster
Very Active Poster

Post by pee wee »

Not only is it Done, but it looks Good! :D
Hank

OrangeQuest
Very Active Poster
Very Active Poster

Post by OrangeQuest »

Thanks guys! It is to cold for me to do much today. Cables and other electric stuff is coming in on Monday.
"that it isn't just an ordinary sort of boat. Sometimes it's a Boat, and sometimes it's more of an Accident. It all depends." "Depends on what?" "On whether I'm on the top of it or underneath it."
A. A. Milne

TomW1
Very Active Poster
Very Active Poster

Post by TomW1 »

That is one fine looking FS14 OrangeQuest, may you enjoy her as much as the time you have put them into her. If you need some help selecting a prop for that mighty fine Suzuki motor let me know.

Tom
Restored Mirror Dinghy, Bought OD18 built by CL, Westlawn School of Yacht Design courses. LT US Navy 1970-1978

OrangeQuest
Very Active Poster
Very Active Poster

Post by OrangeQuest »

TomW1 wrote: Sat Dec 17, 2022 2:12 pm That is one fine looking FS14 OrangeQuest, may you enjoy her as much as the time you have put them into her. If you need some help selecting a prop for that mighty fine Suzuki motor let me know.

Tom
Thanks Tom. I want to see if she will float first. 8O But I want to try and get two props. Hopefully the stock aluminum will be good for power, faster acceleration but not a lot of the top end, ok if the RPMs are a little too high, in other words. Then a SS prop for fuel economy and just cruising. But she is built heavy.
"that it isn't just an ordinary sort of boat. Sometimes it's a Boat, and sometimes it's more of an Accident. It all depends." "Depends on what?" "On whether I'm on the top of it or underneath it."
A. A. Milne

jbo_c
Very Active Poster
Very Active Poster

Post by jbo_c »

That’s a nice blue. What is it? Sorry if it’s earlier in the thread. Haven’t really been checking this build regularly.

Nice job on the windscreen(?).

Jbo

OrangeQuest
Very Active Poster
Very Active Poster

Post by OrangeQuest »

jbo_c wrote: Sat Dec 17, 2022 5:57 pm That’s a nice blue. What is it? Sorry if it’s earlier in the thread. Haven’t really been checking this build regularly.

Nice job on the windscreen(?).

Jbo
It is a quart of semigloss white with about an ounce of bikini blue by Pettit. I wanted Blue Ice but no one had it.
A. A. Milne

glossieblack
* Bateau Builder *
* Bateau Builder *

Post by glossieblack »

Congratulations OQ, she's a 14' beauty. :D
Currently building Jacques Mertens ST21 "Skinnydip". Boating adventures: Splash testing and using 'Skinnydip, as a basis of further building refinement; Adams 44’ sailing sloop "Great Sandy" (cruising and maintaining); Iain Oughtred Feather Pram "Mini Dip" (building); Jacques Mertens R13 "Wood Duck" (built and due for maintenance).

OrangeQuest
Very Active Poster
Very Active Poster

Post by OrangeQuest »

glossieblack wrote: Tue Dec 20, 2022 5:12 am Congratulations OQ, she's a 14' beauty. :D
Thank you, Glossie. Nice to see you back on the forum. I read you are ready for another adventure, enjoy and stay safe.

Just before the Siberian blizzard hit us, I manage to mount all the deck hardware, speakers and run the speaker wires, transducer wire and VHF ant wire to the dash area. Not much to look at just yet that hasn't already been seen. Need to touch up a few places of all 3 colors from bumping into things getting it in and out of the warehouse and over sanding a few areas.
Next few days will be bundled up, drinking hot tea and playing keyboard warrior. May even watch a few Netflix movies that have come out. Feels like lockdown all over again.
A. A. Milne

OrangeQuest
Very Active Poster
Very Active Poster

Post by OrangeQuest »

So After turning the warehouse water back on there was a pin hole in an older iron pipe. Home Depot web site showing they had 6 of the one piece I needed to fix it, so ordered for pick up over the web. They canceled the order a few minutes later. Then ordered a different piece that was a lot cheaper they should have 15 pieces of, also canceled right after I ordered it but these were spares so no biggie. You would think Home Depot would have a better inventory system than not updating as things were sold.
A. A. Milne