FS14- Bayou City Boat

To help other builders, please list the boat you are building in the Thread Subject -- and to conserve space, please limit your posting to one thread per boat.

Please feel free to use the gallery to display multiple images of your progress.
Dougster
* Bateau Builder *
* Bateau Builder *

Re: FS14- Bayou City Boat

Post by Dougster »

Congratulations on figuring all that out. Sounds like the 26th will be a very big day!

Dougster

OrangeQuest
Very Active Poster
Very Active Poster

Post by OrangeQuest »

Other than the fuel line cut to the correct length and a strap to hold the fuel tank in place, the build is completed.

Just glued the seat boxes in.

Trip to TPWD to get her HIN and registered.

The End!
"that it isn't just an ordinary sort of boat. Sometimes it's a Boat, and sometimes it's more of an Accident. It all depends." "Depends on what?" "On whether I'm on the top of it or underneath it."
A. A. Milne

mhd
Active Poster
Active Poster

Post by mhd »

CONGRATULATIONS! Now just that trip to the water to put an even bigger smile on your face! Well done. Only you know the amount of hard work that went into making the boat. Looking forward to seeing the splash photos of her in the water!

Mick
FB11 (Designer Evan Gatehouse)
VG23 (Designer Jacques Mertens)

A human being should be able to change a diaper, plan an invasion, butcher a hog, con a ship, design a building, write a sonnet, balance accounts, build a wall, set a bone, comfort the dying, take orders, give orders, cooperate, act alone, solve equations, analyze a new problem, pitch manure, program a computer, cook a tasty meal, fight efficiently, die gallantly. Specialization is for insects. Robert A. Heinlein.

Dan_Smullen
* Bateau Builder *
* Bateau Builder *

Post by Dan_Smullen »

Congrats! Enjoy the splash!

TomW1
Very Active Poster
Very Active Poster

Post by TomW1 »

OQ congrats now for the 26th right? Good luck and best wishes. You have built a beautiful boat. Tom
Restored Mirror Dinghy, Bought OD18 built by CL, Westlawn School of Yacht Design courses. LT US Navy 1970-1978

OrangeQuest
Very Active Poster
Very Active Poster

Post by OrangeQuest »

Thank you all.

It has been a fun adventure and it couldn't have happened without the support and encouragement of this group. Time seems to be slowing down, like waiting for epoxy to cure, for the inspect day to come.

Still have a few odds and ends to buy for the boat, like the rod holders and safety equipment, but will be using the canoe's gear for now.
"that it isn't just an ordinary sort of boat. Sometimes it's a Boat, and sometimes it's more of an Accident. It all depends." "Depends on what?" "On whether I'm on the top of it or underneath it."
A. A. Milne

OrangeQuest
Very Active Poster
Very Active Poster

Post by OrangeQuest »

She is legal to be on the water and she loves it!

I was expecting her to be a little deeper in the water so a little surprised at how she was setting. I figured she would be a little bow heavy, but I don't see it here. The lake was a little rough with mild chop and a few wind blown waves. She is very light on the throttle and breaking in the motor. Still have a little more than an hour at 3000 rpms, then can bump it to 4000 for another hour.

Riding solo I didn't get a chance to play/setup the GPS/FF and didn't want to take my eyes off the water due to a lot of water is coming down the bayou and river. You can tell by the brown water that is normally tea colored. All that water brings logs and other things that go bump on the lower unit.

It was a little cold for me (59 deg) to just putter back and forth today so called it an early adventure. I am very happy at how she handles so far. When I can get a navigator/photographer, more pictures to come. BTW. Ana Marie still attracted a few admirers and asked me a few questions. One was a fellow builder of a 14 foot skiff from BBC. The picture he showed me looked like the SK14.
A. A. Milne

mhd
Active Poster
Active Poster

Post by mhd »

:-D :D :D
FB11 (Designer Evan Gatehouse)
VG23 (Designer Jacques Mertens)

A human being should be able to change a diaper, plan an invasion, butcher a hog, con a ship, design a building, write a sonnet, balance accounts, build a wall, set a bone, comfort the dying, take orders, give orders, cooperate, act alone, solve equations, analyze a new problem, pitch manure, program a computer, cook a tasty meal, fight efficiently, die gallantly. Specialization is for insects. Robert A. Heinlein.

Fuzz
* Bateau Builder - Expert *
* Bateau Builder - Expert *

Post by Fuzz »

So I would say you had a great day today! Congratulations I know today has been a long time coming. It is always a bit of a nervous time when your baby first hits the water.

TomW1
Very Active Poster
Very Active Poster

Post by TomW1 »

What a great day for you, boat looks great. :D Tom
Restored Mirror Dinghy, Bought OD18 built by CL, Westlawn School of Yacht Design courses. LT US Navy 1970-1978