LM18 in Perry, GA

Power Boats only. Please include the boat type in your question.
GuyP
* Bateau Builder *
* Bateau Builder *

Re: LM18 in Perry, GA

Post by GuyP »

Congrats on 10 years, child #4 and some good fishing from a fine craft on your anniversary weekend.
Last edited by GuyP on Mon Jun 01, 2020 11:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.

OrangeQuest
Very Active Poster
Very Active Poster

Post by OrangeQuest »

Great pictures and great looking family!! Congrats on the 10 years.
"that it isn't just an ordinary sort of boat. Sometimes it's a Boat, and sometimes it's more of an Accident. It all depends." "Depends on what?" "On whether I'm on the top of it or underneath it."
A. A. Milne

cape man
* Bateau Builder - Expert *
* Bateau Builder - Expert *

Post by cape man »

Awesome pictures and the boat looks perfect for there.
The world always seems brighter when you've just made something that wasn't there before - Neil Gaiman

Jeff
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Jeff »

Congrats on the 10 years and the fourth little one!! Looks like a great time with your LM!!!! Jeff

Cbuf
Active Poster
Active Poster

Post by Cbuf »

As for motor setup on my LM18, I have found some success, but have ordered one final prop to try.
1st Add motor wedges, our LM's don't have enough negative trim, the shims add 5 degrees of negative trim that allow you to tuck the motor under the to bring the nose down at higher speeds. Should work fine with your jack plate.
2nd get a 4 blade stern lift prop this also allows the boat to run up on the flat of the boat better. I just ordered a SS 13.25 X 17. Hopefully it will be my final prop test. The three blade props especially those with cupping or high rake will provide bow lift which is not what we want.

cbuf
See my LM 18 build here.
viewtopic.php?t=64254
See my LM 18 Questions here.
viewtopic.php?f=2&t=64299&hilit=lm18\
Finished Boat Here
viewtopic.php?f=25&t=65173

PapaDave
Active Poster
Active Poster

Post by PapaDave »

Great looking boat. What brand bean bag chair did you purchase?

GuyP
* Bateau Builder *
* Bateau Builder *

Post by GuyP »

J,
Great pics, good to see how much enjoyment y’all are getting out of your LM18. Where did you get your registration number decals? I like the look. Thanks

Jwhitakeriii
Active Poster
Active Poster

Post by Jwhitakeriii »

GuyP wrote: Tue Jun 02, 2020 9:15 pm J,
Great pics, good to see how much enjoyment y’all are getting out of your LM18. Where did you get your registration number decals? I like the look. Thanks
www.3dlettering.com
They we about $50 if I remember but I thought they helped give the boat a finished look

Jwhitakeriii
Active Poster
Active Poster

Post by Jwhitakeriii »

PapaDave wrote: Tue Jun 02, 2020 7:33 pm Great looking boat. What brand bean bag chair did you purchase?
www.marinebeanbags.com
I got the classical round in large. Less than #10 and kept Katie happy for two long hot days on a small fishing vessel

Jwhitakeriii
Active Poster
Active Poster

Post by Jwhitakeriii »

Cbuf wrote: Tue Jun 02, 2020 8:54 am As for motor setup on my LM18, I have found some success, but have ordered one final prop to try.
1st Add motor wedges, our LM's don't have enough negative trim, the shims add 5 degrees of negative trim that allow you to tuck the motor under the to bring the nose down at higher speeds. Should work fine with your jack plate.
2nd get a 4 blade stern lift prop this also allows the boat to run up on the flat of the boat better. I just ordered a SS 13.25 X 17. Hopefully it will be my final prop test. The three blade props especially those with cupping or high rake will provide bow lift which is not what we want.

cbuf
Thanks for the advice. I'm sure you said this somewhere in your thread but what is the weight on your etec? Curious to see how that new ss prop runs for you. Right now I'm running a 3 blade aluminum 10.75x12. And before I had a 11 5/8 x11. Both overrevving at wot. So what you are saying is the prop isn't big enough. Sorry the whole prop thing is like a foreign language to me. Also how is that conversion to remote steer working out. I love that I decided to stay away from the tiller