Coach's SC-16 in MA

To help other builders, please list the boat you are building in the Thread Subject -- and to conserve space, please limit your posting to one thread per boat.

Please feel free to use the gallery to display multiple images of your progress.
Coach
Active Poster
Active Poster

Re: Coach's SC-16 in MA

Post by Coach »

Hey BB,
No it was cold up here last weekend and I tore apart my basement bathroom with my Son.
I am hoping to get out Sunday morning for some Striper.
It may be the last time I get out.
If I pluck out a nice one I will post a few pics!
Mitch

BB Sig
Very Active Poster
Very Active Poster

Post by BB Sig »

Mitch, post some pics regardless. We like boat pictures, especially when they look as nice as yours! :D

Coach
Active Poster
Active Poster

Post by Coach »

Here you go BB! Didn't get out for striper but was able to launch into Chebacco Lake which is just a few miles from my house! No fish but a good couple hours on the water to enjoy the weather up here. Probably the last weekend in the mid 70's.
MA Enviro Police are scheduled for tomorrow to inspect the boat so hopefully I will get my HIN tomorrow and get started on registration!

Still maxing out at 15mph. I used a 2nd bag of ballast since running alone. I may try again without any ballast at all. I think the trim tabs have resolved that bow rise all on their own. I kind of wish I had one of those fancy drone cameras so that we all could see how she looks now from a distance.

cape man
* Bateau Builder - Expert *

Post by cape man »

Nice looking lake!

You may want to look at your prop. I would think you could get a lot more than 15 mph. On the video you posted it's hard to tell from here but it sounds like you are not getting full rpms. Try dropping the ptch down a couple of inches?
The world always seems brighter when you've just made something that wasn't there before - Neil Gaiman

Fair WX Pilot
Active Poster
Active Poster

Post by Fair WX Pilot »

The boat looks absolutely amazing and to be able to get out and enjoy the weather before it changes after all you had to do to repair it. I expect the smile is a permanent feature now.
Alan.

Coach
Active Poster
Active Poster

Post by Coach »

There is nothing like riding in a boat you built yourself. Huge pride! Capeman..I will ask about the prop when I bring the boat in for the 20hr service on the outboard. I need them to help me move the stop guide for power trim as well. It is currently set for the middle stop and it would be nice to tuck the outboard in a bit more.
The engine sputters between 8mph and 13mph also. I was going to mention that to them too while they have it.
Could just need some small adjustments. Seems fine at idle and full throttle. Just not real fast. Maybe the change in prop will help?

BB Sig
Very Active Poster
Very Active Poster

Post by BB Sig »

Thanks for the awesome pics! Glad you got her out!

Fuzz

Post by Fuzz »

You really need some form of tach so you know what the engine is doing. Really hard to tell what an engine is doing by ear.

Jeff
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Jeff »

Great to see her back in the water!!! Jeff

joe2700
Very Active Poster
Very Active Poster

Post by joe2700 »

Coach wrote: Sun Sep 27, 2020 12:53 pm
MA Enviro Police are scheduled for tomorrow to inspect the boat so hopefully I will get my HIN tomorrow and get started on registration!
I got my title and HIN in the mail after mailing in the application so I must have done it well enough if you have any questions when you go to submit that. With the HIN you get a form that you fill out proving you attached the HIN to the boat, and then you get the registration sticker after you mail that in.