LM18 Houston Tx

To help other builders, please list the boat you are building in the Thread Subject -- and to conserve space, please limit your posting to one thread per boat.

Please feel free to use the gallery to display multiple images of your progress.
ericwensel
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Re: LM18 Houston Tx

Post by ericwensel »

TomW1 wrote: Sat Jan 28, 2023 12:06 am Eric a 4-blade 10.75 x 12 should be very close to what you need for your set up. My other option would be a 10.5 x 12, the reason is the range in weight of your hull. Even 100lbs can make a difference in my prop calculations, for this first run I used the average of the weights you gave me. If you could narrow both the hull weight and person weight down, I could be more accurate. I would recommend a SCB-4 prop frm PTprops. It is a 10 3/8 and I would select a 12 pitch. If this is not the right prop PT will exchange it for a small fee as long as no dings with in 30 days.

Tom
Tom - Thank you for doing this. Just curious, what would you calculate for a 3 blade prop and why do you recommend a 4 blade.

TomW1
Very Active Poster
Very Active Poster

Post by TomW1 »

A 4-blade grabs more water, and you can raise the motor a little higher it also hangs onto the water in curves and stormy weather better, plus it reduces motor steer. My calculator shows a 3-blade prop would be 10.75 x 14.

Tom
Restored Mirror Dinghy, Bought OD18 built by CL, Westlawn School of Yacht Design courses. LT US Navy 1970-1978

Jerid Ray
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by Jerid Ray »

willg wrote: Wed Aug 03, 2022 3:55 pm
ericwensel wrote: Mon Jul 18, 2022 11:01 pm I am still trying to find someone to do the aluminum work.
For my PH18 I found a guy in Spring who made some custom aluminum grab bars and rod holders. Worked out great. Let me know if you'd like his contact info.

Will
Will I would love his number. Finding anyone right now is supremely difficult

ericwensel
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by ericwensel »

Jerid Ray wrote: Thu Feb 09, 2023 9:22 pm
willg wrote: Wed Aug 03, 2022 3:55 pm
ericwensel wrote: Mon Jul 18, 2022 11:01 pm I am still trying to find someone to do the aluminum work.
For my PH18 I found a guy in Spring who made some custom aluminum grab bars and rod holders. Worked out great. Let me know if you'd like his contact info.

Will
Will I would love his number. Finding anyone right now is supremely difficult
Will may have another person in mind but i did talk to Custom Marine Concepts. I think they are in spring. They were recommended by Captain Kirks but they were really expensive at the time. He may just have been really busy. His website is https://www.custommarineconcepts.com

I end up using Specialty Aluminum Works in Victoria. https://www.specialtyalworks.com (361)575-1477. They did a good job for me but it was a bit of a drive.

ericwensel
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by ericwensel »

Got the boat back today. Putting in the water for the first time tomorrow. Here are some pictures. I thought the guy who installed the motor, controls and instrumentation did a nice job.

Jeff
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Jeff »

Beautiful & congrats!!!! Jeff

OrangeQuest
Very Active Poster
Very Active Poster

Post by OrangeQuest »

ericwensel wrote: Fri Feb 17, 2023 5:44 pm Got the boat back today. Putting in the water for the first time tomorrow. Here are some pictures. I thought the guy who installed the motor, controls and instrumentation did a nice job.
The person that built that boat did a really nice job. Awesome!
"that it isn't just an ordinary sort of boat. Sometimes it's a Boat, and sometimes it's more of an Accident. It all depends." "Depends on what?" "On whether I'm on the top of it or underneath it."
A. A. Milne

TomW1
Very Active Poster
Very Active Poster

Post by TomW1 »

The boat looks great Eric, congratulations. :D Tom
Restored Mirror Dinghy, Bought OD18 built by CL, Westlawn School of Yacht Design courses. LT US Navy 1970-1978

Dougster
* Bateau Builder *
* Bateau Builder *

Post by Dougster »

What a ride! It just looks great...love the console.

Dougster

Jmk2000
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by Jmk2000 »

Man I really dig your center console set up too! She’s a right pretty boat sir!