Steve's PH22

To help other builders, please list the boat you are building in the Thread Subject -- and to conserve space, please limit your posting to one thread per boat.

Please feel free to use the gallery to display multiple images of your progress.
jacquesmm
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Steve's PH22

Post by jacquesmm »

Matt Gent wrote: Fri Sep 17, 2021 5:02 pm Not my project! Way too big a scope for me.

I just come to offer my experience and pithy commentary.
Sorry. I think his first name is also Matt.
Jacques Mertens - Designer
http://boatbuildercentral.com

jacquesmm
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by jacquesmm »

ProfzrX, please confirm that you received my email with the specs. I did send first to the wrong email.
We can discuss details here on the forum.

Please be patient: I am retired and will be travelling a lot in the coming weeks. I may not always have internet access.
Jacques Mertens - Designer
http://boatbuildercentral.com

ProfzrX
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by ProfzrX »

Good afternoon all, After having further communication with Jacquesmm, Jeff and Ried, unfortunately, I have decided to not move forward with this build. Jacquesmm did provide me with the information needed to complete the hull but I have decided to have a bare hull built professionally. I don't know what the "rules" are for this forum but I would still be more than happy to document that build here if allowed. With that being said, Jeff gave me a full refund on all the divinycell I purchased but was unable to take back the Coosa board as it was CNC cut to a PH22 transom. I will be selling those boards if anyone is interested or knows anyone interested in them. It's a total of (4) 4'x8' 1/2" sheets. I have plans for the PH18 & 15 and it looks like with some modifications these precut boards will work with both of them. I don't get on here very often so I will leave my contact number. Feel free to call or text me if interested. 352-414-9145 Steve.

fallguy1000
* Bateau Builder - Expert *

Post by fallguy1000 »

So, if you are eating the freight on the divinycel, and you have the coosa.

What would you need for the coosa if you sent it back to bateau and would they take it back f it was paid for? And can the transom be built with coosa and rest of boat ply?

I am pretty sure I am building a plywood ph22, but not for awhile...so the question is whether Jeff has a spot to hide it or not...and does it fit the ply plan or how was it cut different, etc.

Sorry, but I can't take the inventory now. Only I would be willing to hold the price of the inventory if Jeff can find a home for it...or you may be better off with your builder taking it.

Sorry if this is rambling, best I can do.
My boat build is here -------->

viewtopic.php?f=12&t=62495

TomW1
Very Active Poster
Very Active Poster

Post by TomW1 »

ProfzrX wrote: Sat Oct 02, 2021 3:07 pm Good afternoon all, After having further communication with Jacquesmm, Jeff and Ried, unfortunately, I have decided to not move forward with this build. Jacquesmm did provide me with the information needed to complete the hull but I have decided to have a bare hull built professionally. I don't know what the "rules" are for this forum but I would still be more than happy to document that build here if allowed. With that being said, Jeff gave me a full refund on all the divinycell I purchased but was unable to take back the Coosa board as it was CNC cut to a PH22 transom. I will be selling those boards if anyone is interested or knows anyone interested in them. It's a total of (4) 4'x8' 1/2" sheets. I have plans for the PH18 & 15 and it looks like with some modifications these precut boards will work with both of them. I don't get on here very often so I will leave my contact number. Feel free to call or text me if interested. 352-414-9145 Steve.
Steve is it still going to be a PH22 then post it here. If not follk's have posted in both Anything Else or Cracler Larry's Corner.

Tom
Restored Mirror Dinghy, Bought OD18 built by CL, Westlawn School of Yacht Design courses. LT US Navy 1970-1978

ProfzrX
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by ProfzrX »

fallguy1000 wrote: Sat Oct 02, 2021 9:06 pm So, if you are eating the freight on the divinycel, and you have the coosa.

What would you need for the coosa if you sent it back to bateau and would they take it back f it was paid for? And can the transom be built with coosa and rest of boat ply?

I am pretty sure I am building a plywood ph22, but not for awhile...so the question is whether Jeff has a spot to hide it or not...and does it fit the ply plan or how was it cut different, etc.

Sorry, but I can't take the inventory now. Only I would be willing to hold the price of the inventory if Jeff can find a home for it...or you may be better off with your builder taking it.

It was CNC cut by BBC so I’m assuming it was cut per plans. I live close enough to BBC that I can personally take it to them. Unfortunately it cannot be used with the new build I asked to try and save some $$ lol. I would take $250 per board. Jeff did tell me he’d package and ship it if it sold on here. I don’t know what the shipping cost would be or if he has any storage room.

Reid
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Reid »

fallguy1000 wrote: Sat Oct 02, 2021 9:06 pm So, if you are eating the freight on the divinycel, and you have the coosa.

Fallguy,

If you are interested in purchasing the Coosa from Steve we can store it for you at the shop. I can tell you that the transom is cut to match the plans, no modifications. There are 4 layers of 1/2" with the seams offset for lamination.
Capture 1.JPG
Let me know if you decide to go forward with this.
-Reid
Someone asked me, if I were stranded on a desert island what book would I bring... "How to Build a Boat."
- Steven Wright

fallguy1000

Post by fallguy1000 »

Let me clear it with the admiral.

fallguy1000

Post by fallguy1000 »

Guys, whatever happened on this stuff? I am still interested..sorry, somehow got busy trying to beat the cold and it was warm here well into December.

Jeff
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Jeff »

FallGuy, I have not heard from Steve lately!!! Jeff