Ignorance - inserting pictures

Please use this forum to tell us about problems you are having with the forum software, or the new site. This lets us keep the boat building discussions free from clutter.

Your comments and tips are appreciated.
TheBroomside
Active Poster
Active Poster

Ignorance - inserting pictures

Post by TheBroomside »

Appologies for my ignorance. I only post yearly updates of the TW28 Luka's advetures, so the use of the forum is each year a challenge for me.
Apparently I am no longer able to insert pictures in a post.

Inserting a link such as http://gallery.bateau2.com/displayimage.php?pid=74058 betweem the 'Image' brackets does not work for me.
No doubt there is a simple solution....

Thanks
Peter
LUS

Jaysen
* Bateau Builder *
* Bateau Builder *

Re: Ignorance - inserting pictures

Post by Jaysen »

Note: it looks like a small bug in the BBcode tag. I won’t be able to adjust it until tomorrow. The directions below are correct.

The url you want is https://www.community.boatbuildercentra ... fullsize=1

You insert it between img tags like

Code: Select all

[img] https://www.community.boatbuildercentral.com/gallery/displayimage.php?pid=74058&fullsize=1[/img]
Not sure why doesn’t seem to render. Give me a couple of hours to look into it.
My already completed 'Lil Bit'. A Martens Goosen V12 set up to sail me to the fishing holes.
Currently working on making a Helms 24 our coastal cruiser.
“Mark Twain/Samuel Clemens” wrote:Eat a live frog first thing in the morning and nothing worse will happen to you the rest of the day.
Jaysen wrote: Mon Apr 29, 2019 3:44 pm I tried to say something but God thought I was wrong and filled my mouth with saltwater. I kept my pie hole shut after that.

TheBroomside
Active Poster
Active Poster

Post by TheBroomside »

Thanks
Peter

TheBroomside
Active Poster
Active Poster

Post by TheBroomside »

This is what happens when I try to insert a picture.

Anything I can do from my side?

No hurry, I can wait. THX,

Peter
LUS

Jaysen
* Bateau Builder *
* Bateau Builder *

Post by Jaysen »

There is some issue that is not “obvious” causing the images to not load properly by browsers. I’ve attempted several fixes. At this point I need to schedule significant upgrades to allow addition support from suppliers. That is likely to be a week or more delay.

Thank you for being patient.
My already completed 'Lil Bit'. A Martens Goosen V12 set up to sail me to the fishing holes.
“Mark Twain/Samuel Clemens” wrote:Eat a live frog first thing in the morning and nothing worse will happen to you the rest of the day.
Jaysen wrote: Mon Apr 29, 2019 3:44 pm I tried to say something but God thought I was wrong and filled my mouth with saltwater. I kept my pie hole shut after that.

pee wee
Very Active Poster
Very Active Poster

Post by pee wee »

I clicked on "quote message", copied and pasted the image address into a new tab, copied the image address from there and came back to paste it into a new message, and there it is. Strange.

Hank

Jaysen
* Bateau Builder *
* Bateau Builder *

Post by Jaysen »

If you movie, your using the “userpics” URL. Coppermine says the “display image” url is the correct one. There isn’t much help so we may need to move to using the userpics method (which is a pita in my opinion).

TheBroomside
Active Poster
Active Poster

Re: Ignorance - inserting pictures SOLVED

Post by TheBroomside »

After reading pee wee's post I tried the same approach'.
When I click on a picture from my gallerie, a new window appears with the following url, as in Jaysen first post:
https://www.community.boatbuildercentra ... fullsize=1

Using this URL between the IMG brackets I get the result as reported, no image but a text 'Image' hiding the URL

If I right click on the new window with the full picture and then select 'Open Image in a new tab', I get a new tab with the picture. Th URL in this new tab is different:
https://www.community.boatbuildercentra ... b_2021.jpg

Putting this URL between img brackets WORKS!

Actually I remember that in the past I used to right-click on the full picture, then on 'Properties' in the small menu, and took the URL from there. If I right-click on a full picture now, there is no 'Properties' command anymore in any browser I use, instead there is 'Inspect Element' which is not useful for me. But there is a command 'Open Image in a new tab' that does the trick, as suggested by pee wee.
Solved, THX

Peter LUS

TheBroomside
Active Poster
Active Poster

Re: Ignorance - inserting pictures suggestion

Post by TheBroomside »

I do not know whether I am the only one with this problem but perhaps it would be useful to ammend the original 2014 post from Jacques to mention the alternative to the 'Properties' command which doesn't appear in my hands anymore.:
Jacques wrote:Go to your picture, wherever it is and, in your browser:
- Right click on the picture.
- Select "Properties"
- highlight the complete URL for your picture and "Copy"
- go to your message, click where you want the picture and "Paste"
- highlight the link you just pasted and click on Img (at the top of the message box).
Peter
LUS

Jaysen
* Bateau Builder *
* Bateau Builder *

Re: Ignorance - inserting pictures suggestion

Post by Jaysen »

TheBroomside wrote: Fri Aug 27, 2021 10:47 am I do not know whether I am the only one with this problem but perhaps it would be useful to ammend the original 2014 post from Jacques to mention the alternative to the 'Properties' command which doesn't appear in my hands anymore.:
Jacques wrote:Go to your picture, wherever it is and, in your browser:
- Right click on the picture.
- Select "Properties"
- highlight the complete URL for your picture and "Copy"
- go to your message, click where you want the picture and "Paste"
- highlight the link you just pasted and click on Img (at the top of the message box).
Peter
LUS
The problem with that is that coppermine SHOULD support the URL you are using per the documentation. That was a point of the last upgrade. You can use what ever method works for you. I will attempt to "make it work" if I can.