Changes to searches

Please use this forum to tell us about problems you are having with the forum software, or the new site. This lets us keep the boat building discussions free from clutter.

Your comments and tips are appreciated.
Jaysen
* Bateau Builder *
* Bateau Builder *

Changes to searches

Post by Jaysen »

Folks, I made a change to the search system as part of the recent activities. I have implemented the new search backend this morning. In theory, searches should be faster and more accurate. Please take a few moments to test some searches and see if we find any errors. Everything looks good on my side, but would like to get you all to confirm for me.

Thanks!
My already completed 'Lil Bit'. A Martens Goosen V12 set up to sail me to the fishing holes.
Currently working on making a Helms 24 our coastal cruiser.
“Mark Twain/Samuel Clemens” wrote:Eat a live frog first thing in the morning and nothing worse will happen to you the rest of the day.
Jaysen wrote: Mon Apr 29, 2019 3:44 pm I tried to say something but God thought I was wrong and filled my mouth with saltwater. I kept my pie hole shut after that.

fallguy1000
* Bateau Builder - Expert *

Re: Changes to searches

Post by fallguy1000 »

I still wish the default search only brought up one instance of each thread. Get too many results from same thread and it makes sesrching difficult.
My boat build is here -------->

viewtopic.php?f=12&t=62495

fallguy1000

Post by fallguy1000 »

I found a way! First post only option does it.

Jaysen
* Bateau Builder *
* Bateau Builder *

Post by Jaysen »

fallguy1000 wrote: Tue Oct 05, 2021 9:00 am I still wish the default search only brought up one instance of each thread. Get too many results from same thread and it makes sesrching difficult.
fallguy1000 wrote: Tue Oct 05, 2021 9:01 am I found a way! First post only option does it.
The problem is folks with LOOOONG threads that have the "key point" at two ends. For example, if I wanted to search for "wood power cat beam sockets" and only had one instance, i wouldn't see the latter photos of your cat assembled. I'm with you though that it can get overwhelming to find the one post you need with 2472928 results from a long thread.
My already completed 'Lil Bit'. A Martens Goosen V12 set up to sail me to the fishing holes.
“Mark Twain/Samuel Clemens” wrote:Eat a live frog first thing in the morning and nothing worse will happen to you the rest of the day.
Jaysen wrote: Mon Apr 29, 2019 3:44 pm I tried to say something but God thought I was wrong and filled my mouth with saltwater. I kept my pie hole shut after that.

fallguy1000

Post by fallguy1000 »

May be unrelated, but found lost images again here.

viewtopic.php?p=144569&hilit=Ph22#p144569

Missing gallery link here.

viewtopic.php?p=95762&hilit=Ph22#p95762

I am trying to read up on PH22s is all.

Jaysen
* Bateau Builder *
* Bateau Builder *

Post by Jaysen »

Link to gallery corrected in the post (never would have worked).

The missing images predate a "worst-case disaster" that happened way back. Nearly all images were lost. I can't recover those.

Jeff
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Jeff »

Jaysen, I like it!!! Jeff

cape man

Post by cape man »

works fine for me.
The world always seems brighter when you've just made something that wasn't there before - Neil Gaiman