Spam msg

Please use this forum to tell us about problems you are having with the forum software, or the new site. This lets us keep the boat building discussions free from clutter.

Your comments and tips are appreciated.
Matt Gent
Very Active Poster
Very Active Poster

Spam msg

Post by Matt Gent »

Think of how many plywood boats I could make!

Jeff
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Spam msg

Post by Jeff »

Matt, I received the same mail!!! Jeff

Jaysen
* Bateau Builder *
* Bateau Builder *

Post by Jaysen »

Spam bot banned. Hopefully it will hold the bot in a state of confusion.

Thanks for the report.
My already completed 'Lil Bit'. A Martens Goosen V12 set up to sail me to the fishing holes.
Currently working on making a Helms 24 our coastal cruiser.
“Mark Twain/Samuel Clemens” wrote:Eat a live frog first thing in the morning and nothing worse will happen to you the rest of the day.
Jaysen wrote: Mon Apr 29, 2019 3:44 pm I tried to say something but God thought I was wrong and filled my mouth with saltwater. I kept my pie hole shut after that.

Netpackrat
Very Active Poster
Very Active Poster

Post by Netpackrat »

Thanks for that. Sorry I posted in the other thread before I saw in this one you had dealt with it. Maybe merge the two threads?

Jaysen
* Bateau Builder *
* Bateau Builder *

Post by Jaysen »

Netpackrat wrote: Wed Jan 19, 2022 10:19 am Thanks for that. Sorry I posted in the other thread before I saw in this one you had dealt with it. Maybe merge the two threads?
Maybe. Not worried about it. :)
My already completed 'Lil Bit'. A Martens Goosen V12 set up to sail me to the fishing holes.
“Mark Twain/Samuel Clemens” wrote:Eat a live frog first thing in the morning and nothing worse will happen to you the rest of the day.
Jaysen wrote: Mon Apr 29, 2019 3:44 pm I tried to say something but God thought I was wrong and filled my mouth with saltwater. I kept my pie hole shut after that.

fallguy1000
* Bateau Builder - Expert *

Post by fallguy1000 »

Sucker play. Wants you to respond.

But they found a way in.
My boat build is here -------->

viewtopic.php?f=12&t=62495

Jaysen
* Bateau Builder *
* Bateau Builder *

Post by Jaysen »

Bots get better the more AI improves. The account used looked like a real person (we (Jeff and crew) manually approve account requests). Of the many requests submitted over the years, very few bots make it in. If the rate increases I’ll consider making it much harder for bots to login. That means it will be harder for us too.

fallguy1000

Post by fallguy1000 »

I noticed some sites require you to answer a question, like what is Froude's calculation for hull speed. Or where is the transom on a boat...
My boat build is here -------->

viewtopic.php?f=12&t=62495

Jaysen
* Bateau Builder *
* Bateau Builder *

Post by Jaysen »

There is a “justification” requirement on the forum. Humans read it. If one gets through, then a human couldn’t tell. Do not underestimate the capability of AI to seem human.

Netpackrat
Very Active Poster
Very Active Poster

Post by Netpackrat »

Other forum I am on uses the same software as this one, and the admins approve all users manually. Same as here, occasionally one gets through.