AD16 Question for Jacques

Boats up to 15' for oars, power or sail. Please include the boat type in your question.
Jeff
Site Admin
Site Admin

AD16 Question for Jacques

Post by Jeff »

This question arrived via email over the weekend: "Hello, i find the Adelie 16 and Vagabond plus 20 very pleasing. But i am 200cm tall and would need a 210cm long berth and a sitting headroom between 95-100cm. Is is possible to achieve that in one of the designs? May be by modification or stretching lengthwise? Thank you Best Regards" Jeff

jacquesmm
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: AD16 Question for Jacques

Post by jacquesmm »

No problem at all. In the VG18 and VG20, the length of the berth under the cockpit seats is 232 and 235 cm respectively.
In the AD16, it is 295 if you cut through the last cockpit bulkhead which is possiblr.
Jacques Mertens - Designer
http://boatbuildercentral.com

SoDr
New Poster
New Poster

Post by SoDr »

Hello Jacques,
that sound good. Is there be sitting headroom in the cabin about 95 to 100 cm in that designs?
And is the stub keel of the centerboardversion of the vagabond 20 rugged enough to fall dry at lowtide?

jacquesmm
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by jacquesmm »

Depending on where you sit, the headroom is between 85 and 100 cm. Those are small boats, I can't give you more headroom.
Yes, they can sit on their stub keels at low tide or they can be dragged and rolled on the keel.
Jacques Mertens - Designer
http://boatbuildercentral.com

SoDr
New Poster
New Poster

Post by SoDr »

Thank you very much.