HMD19 Aussie made

Post your launchings, and post-launch adventures here. Please keep the to plan/date format.
Jeff
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: HMD19 Aussie made

Post by Jeff »

Well done!! Jeff

jbo_c
Very Active Poster
Very Active Poster

Post by jbo_c »

Nice boat. Would love some detail on the fridge. - construction(detailed), energy usage, etc.

Jbo

blueflood
* Bateau Builder - Expert *
* Bateau Builder - Expert *

Post by blueflood »

Hi Graham,

Sweet 8) You have quite the luxurious set-up.
Thanks for the feedback as well. DougN and yourself are reporting what I have noticed as well.
You have large tanks, that helps.

It is very windy here and I cannot WOT yet and cannot wait to see how she handles after the outboard is broken in. I'll get a few more water jugs to use as ballas in the meantime.

Enjoy her, very nice job with good ideas.

Marc
Penny

Aussiehmd19
New Poster
New Poster

Post by Aussiehmd19 »

Many thanks Marc you will get used to the handling and enjoy Penny when the motor is run in.
Jbo the fridge was arrived at when I couldn’t get a powered ice box to fit. They are a lot cheaper but they were all the wrong size. Maybe if I had know the size I could have changed the console to suit. I wanted a stove on top and the fridge to slide out underneath much as per the original design. Nothing would fit so the bespoke fridge. The unit is a Dometic sealed unit. West marine has them but mine was purchased in Australia from a boating store with the plate and control as a kit. It draws 5.6amps when running but averages a lot less over the 24 hours. I have a 100w panel on the roof and I get 6amps from the outboard when it’s running. I have had it on for 6 days continuous and the 120AH ships battery was fine. I have a separate starting battery just in case.
I’ll take some photos of the unit underneath so you can see how it’s installed. Not cheap but works a treat.
Cheers
Graham

Aussiehmd19
New Poster
New Poster

Post by Aussiehmd19 »

Here are the fridge photos.
20220730_133640.jpg

Aussiehmd19
New Poster
New Poster

Post by Aussiehmd19 »

Just went on another trip down the Myall Lake in Australia in the HMD19. This is where I live so we go out on this lake all the time. Out for week this time and boat went like a dream. I take my Ham radio to talk at night time to my Ham friends all around the world. I have sent them pictures of the HMD19 and they all compliment the good looking little boat. I have fitted the bow tank with a pump and it makes about 1/2 knot difference in speed so it's well worth it. It's a 55 litre triangular bladder tank in the bow. It doesn't leak so you can still stack stuff on top of it.
20240217_130731.jpg
20240218_094354.jpg
IMG-20231005-WA0003.jpg

mhd
Active Poster
Active Poster

Post by mhd »

Beautiful scenery, beautiful boat. Looks like everyone is having a cracking time :-)

Makes all the pain of the build worth it, eh?

Mick
FB11 (Designer Evan Gatehouse)
VG23 (Designer Jacques Mertens)

A human being should be able to change a diaper, plan an invasion, butcher a hog, con a ship, design a building, write a sonnet, balance accounts, build a wall, set a bone, comfort the dying, take orders, give orders, cooperate, act alone, solve equations, analyze a new problem, pitch manure, program a computer, cook a tasty meal, fight efficiently, die gallantly. Specialization is for insects. Robert A. Heinlein.