CK17 build thread

To help other builders, please list the boat you are building in the Thread Subject -- and to conserve space, please limit your posting to one thread per boat.

Please feel free to use the gallery to display multiple images of your progress.
string1824
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

CK17 build thread

Post by string1824 »

After getting the plans for the CK17 over 15 years ago I'm finally in a place where I can start building. Drove over to Boat Builder Central yesterday and picked up all of my marine ply, glass and epoxy. Should be laying out and cutting panels tomorrow. Wish me luck!!

string1824
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Re: CK17 build thread

Post by string1824 »

Picture didn't upload in the last post. Hopefully much more to come over the next few weeks.

Jaysen
* Bateau Builder *
* Bateau Builder *

Post by Jaysen »

This is next on my build list (assume the boss ever approves). Looking forward to seeing how you do it!
My already completed 'Lil Bit'. A Martens Goosen V12 set up to sail me to the fishing holes.
Currently working on making a Helms 24 our coastal cruiser.
“Mark Twain/Samuel Clemens” wrote:Eat a live frog first thing in the morning and nothing worse will happen to you the rest of the day.
Jaysen wrote: Mon Apr 29, 2019 3:44 pm I tried to say something but God thought I was wrong and filled my mouth with saltwater. I kept my pie hole shut after that.

string1824
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by string1824 »

I'm taking the next three weeks off. Hopefully I'll have the hull assembled and glassed in by then and hopefully the paint and rigging shortly after I get back in town. I'll have a week off before I go on vacation and another week or so off after that before I go back to work thru Christmas.

string1824
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by string1824 »

Laid out the dimensions for the hull bottom on the 12mm Meranti.

Got a new toy to help with the build process

Will be using the new bandsaw to rip 2x6 material into battens to mark the curves and to make 1x2s for the cleats and to rip material to laminate the spars and to rough shape the spar taper

string1824
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by string1824 »

Don't know what is going on with my images. I tried using both my google storage and amazon storge share links. it worked yesterday to imbed the image, but neither source is working today when I put the share link between the Image boxes like it did yesterday. you can right click the image and open it in a new tab to view them however.

Jaysen
* Bateau Builder *
* Bateau Builder *

Post by Jaysen »

If you look at the post that worked (use edit) the URL is ugly long compared to your most recent post. That leads me to believe you have the wrong URL in your newer post.

Of particular not is the auth=no parameter. Google may be rejecting embedded request without that parameter existing.
My already completed 'Lil Bit'. A Martens Goosen V12 set up to sail me to the fishing holes.
Currently working on making a Helms 24 our coastal cruiser.
“Mark Twain/Samuel Clemens” wrote:Eat a live frog first thing in the morning and nothing worse will happen to you the rest of the day.
Jaysen wrote: Mon Apr 29, 2019 3:44 pm I tried to say something but God thought I was wrong and filled my mouth with saltwater. I kept my pie hole shut after that.

string1824
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by string1824 »

Let's try this again

string1824
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by string1824 »

Laying out the forward cockpit seat frames / stringers

Laying out the hull sides

First pieces cut, forward cockpit seat frames / stringers. Much more cutting to come tomorrow

string1824
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by string1824 »

got all the panels laid out and cut out all the panels for the 6mm and 9mm Okoume. Will be fiberglass splicing the hull side panels and bottom panels tomorrow