Selling OD18

Share tips, suggest or request changes, anything that does not fit in the other categories.
cape man
* Bateau Builder - Expert *

Re: Selling OD18

Post by cape man »

I sent you a PM asking for some pics to see if I need to do anything to get her home (trailer, tires...). I'll come up after October 4th. You can take this thread down.
The world always seems brighter when you've just made something that wasn't there before - Neil Gaiman

Jaysen
* Bateau Builder *
* Bateau Builder *

Post by Jaysen »

That will teach me!

Glad she’s going to you Capeman. Your paint skills are far superior to mine.
My already completed 'Lil Bit'. A Martens Goosen V12 set up to sail me to the fishing holes.
Currently working on making a Helms 24 our coastal cruiser.
“Mark Twain/Samuel Clemens” wrote:Eat a live frog first thing in the morning and nothing worse will happen to you the rest of the day.
Jaysen wrote: Mon Apr 29, 2019 3:44 pm I tried to say something but God thought I was wrong and filled my mouth with saltwater. I kept my pie hole shut after that.

Aripeka Angler

Post by Aripeka Angler »

As one of a very few active members of this forum who has actually met and was a friend of CL, I can say he would be delighted that Craig is going to be the new owner of “No Excuse”. Sandi and I talked about this tonight, she agreed. 8)
Richard
Completed boats...XF20 "Red Alert", Aripeka Angler's Strip Canoe, FS18 “Bare Bones”, GF12
Currently building...PY12 Kayak
If there is magic on this planet, it is contained in water. - Loren Eiseley
Bare Bones build thread...
viewtopic.php?f=12&t=62146

Aripeka Angler

Post by Aripeka Angler »

If you need a flat bed to bring it back, let me know.
Richard
Completed boats...XF20 "Red Alert", Aripeka Angler's Strip Canoe, FS18 “Bare Bones”, GF12
Currently building...PY12 Kayak
If there is magic on this planet, it is contained in water. - Loren Eiseley
Bare Bones build thread...
viewtopic.php?f=12&t=62146

Jeff
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Jeff »

Wow Cape Man, this is a really great decision!!!! Never met CL but he did a huge amount for the members of this forum!!!!! Thank you for continuing with his history!!!! Jeff

OneWayTraffic
* Bateau Builder *
* Bateau Builder *

Post by OneWayTraffic »

I got no dog in this hunt, but I have to ask what the plan is for two OD18s Capeman? Use both? Give away one to family? Or just keep as a showboat?

Anyway it would be good to see a thread on the rebuild/repaint.

Fuzz

Post by Fuzz »

To my great regret I missed my only chance to meet Larry but I am sure he is pleased with her going to Craig. I well remember the picture of the two of them sanding on Clair early in the morning after an evening of refreshments.

Fuzz

Post by Fuzz »

Aripeka Angler wrote: Thu Aug 25, 2022 9:07 pm As one of a very few active members of this forum who has actually met and was a friend of CL, I can say he would be delighted that Craig is going to be the new owner of “No Excuse”. Sandi and I talked about this tonight, she agreed. 8)
If memory serves you were the last forum member to spend time with him.

cape man

Post by cape man »

My son is 25 and has a couple of life long friends who are all crazy about fishing. The LM18 I bought a few years ago was to be a boat for them but progress on finishing the build has been slow. No Excuse should be a clean it up and put it in the water and a perfect boat for 3 or 4 young men to explore the water with.

Larry Teuton was a dear friend and a one of a kind man. I started my build and time here just a few months behind No Excuse. Below the gunwales my OD 18 is a copy of what he was doing. Over time we became very close and I would stay with him and Dori in Clyo when I went hunting in Virginia at my sister's or we would visit the in-laws in Philadelphia. The day before he died I spent the afternoon with his son Chris and Dori. Hospice was there and Larry was sleeping in his bed.
We still stop in Clyo and talk with Dori regularly.

If having two OD18s becomes a problem or silly, I promise to find another home with someone here. But she won't go to a stranger!
The world always seems brighter when you've just made something that wasn't there before - Neil Gaiman

OneWayTraffic
* Bateau Builder *
* Bateau Builder *

Post by OneWayTraffic »

Now when you say it like that, it sounds cheap at twice the price!