Selling OD18

Share tips, suggest or request changes, anything that does not fit in the other categories.
cape man
* Bateau Builder - Expert *

Re: Selling OD18

Post by cape man »

Had to go find that page of my build after Fuzz referenced Larry helping me sand...

It wasn't sanding, but attaching the aluminum shoe on the skeg at 2 am after hours of talking and embibing. Etched the aluminum with moonshine! :lol: :lol:

He came down to pick up the first T-top for No Excuse which was a freebie I got that came off a boat that got a new one. Crazy SOB got up at 5am to go offshore fishing with Richard the next morning out of Hudson. Word is he was pretty green that trip... :help:

viewtopic.php?t=15874&hilit=cape+man%27s+dory&start=170
The world always seems brighter when you've just made something that wasn't there before - Neil Gaiman

fallguy1000

Post by fallguy1000 »

An 18' boat and motor and trailer for $2500 is a great deal; especially when you know the boat construction details.
My boat build is here -------->

viewtopic.php?f=12&t=62495

wpstarling
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by wpstarling »

i just wanted to post because of the incredible feedback a sale posting has received for a boat that's pretty much already sold. Larry seems like a legend around here and it sounds like for good reason, can't wait to see some pictures of before/after cleaning and getting used again!
Boats restored: 1973 Glastron CV16, 1990 Proline 17 CC, 1993 Bass Boat
Boats built: custom 15ft flat bottom skiff, Soon-to-be-built TX18 (originally dborecky's build)

TomW1
Very Active Poster
Very Active Poster

Post by TomW1 »

cape man has her. :D Larry and I were friends and we often talked and got together on the Forum to clear up new subjects that came up. like the new fuel laws back in 2013 and many others one was how to how to handle his aluminum strip on his skeg. I remember cape man's and Larry's story of attaching Craigs strip like it was today. :lol: Larry God bless his soul was a great man and is missed by his friends. :(

Tom
Last edited by TomW1 on Fri Aug 26, 2022 4:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Restored Mirror Dinghy, Bought OD18 built by CL, Westlawn School of Yacht Design courses. LT US Navy 1970-1978

Dougster
* Bateau Builder *
* Bateau Builder *

Post by Dougster »

I remember following CL's build daily. He helped me often on my LB22 build and the Cape Man helped some too. This feels good.

Dougster

TomW1
Very Active Poster
Very Active Poster

Post by TomW1 »

Dougster wrote: Fri Aug 26, 2022 4:31 pm I remember following CL's build daily. He helped me often on my LB22 build and the Cape Man helped some too. This feels good.

Dougster
Dougster Larry helped a lot of people that built boats that is how generous he was.
Restored Mirror Dinghy, Bought OD18 built by CL, Westlawn School of Yacht Design courses. LT US Navy 1970-1978

TomW1
Very Active Poster
Very Active Poster

Post by TomW1 »

Dougster wrote: Fri Aug 26, 2022 4:31 pm I remember following CL's build daily. He helped me often on my LB22 build and the Cape Man helped some too. This feels good.

Dougster
Dougster Larry helped a lot of people that built boats that is how generous he was.

Dougster
* Bateau Builder *
* Bateau Builder *

Post by Dougster »

Yes Tom, I know. Here's an example of mine. While I was working on the console layout of my LB22 I think I mentioned something about coffee. He asked for my address and sent me a gift: a high quality stainless steel cup holder with drain that is at the helm today. I sure wish I could have met him, as he seemed to have an uncommon combination of courage, tenacity, and generosity.

Dougster

Joe H
* Bateau Builder *
* Bateau Builder *

Post by Joe H »

Holy Crap!
I was checking in to get an idea for a side console for my fishing boat and seen this, couple of days late!
I've been on No Excuse a few times with Larry, glad he let this yank go out fishing with him, great memories!

Tom, good on you to let her go before it's to late!

Conrad's on scooping her up Craig.

Joe H
Completed: OD16, P19, FS14, V12 in progress

TomW1
Very Active Poster
Very Active Poster

Post by TomW1 »

Joe H wrote: Wed Oct 05, 2022 8:54 pm Holy Crap!
I was checking in to get an idea for a side console for my fishing boat and seen this, couple of days late!
I've been on No Excuse a few times with Larry, glad he let this yank go out fishing with him, great memories!

Tom, good on you to let her go before it's to late!

Conrad's on scooping her up Craig.

Joe H
Yea, me to Joe I was very fortunate that he let me buy No Excuse and now I will know she will be in the good hands of Craig, who is picking her up this weekend. She sure is set up as a fishing machine. Loved her for trolling for Walleyes and Lake Trout and taking her up into the shallower streams for trout in the big lake Fontana here.

Tom