Rb-12 Pictures Please

Ask questions before buying our plans or request a new design. Anybody can post here
Runabout
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Re: Rb-12 Pictures Please

Post by Runabout »

Runabout
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by Runabout »

Can the rb14/rb12 kit be ordered with a smooth front hull like this?

https://www.boatbuildercentral.com/wp-c ... AG0228.jpg

Runabout
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by Runabout »

No answer? From the pics it looks like it would be impossible to sand down flush, which is why I asked if it can be ordered this way? I know the red boat was built from the cnc kit. While I’m not sure if the blue boat was built from plans or the kit? Seeing as the blue boat with the flush hull nose is on the ad I would assume it could be ordered that way?

Reid
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Reid »

Runabout wrote: Thu Nov 17, 2022 12:08 am No answer? From the pics it looks like it would be impossible to sand down flush, which is why I asked if it can be ordered this way? I know the red boat was built from the cnc kit. While I’m not sure if the blue boat was built from plans or the kit? Seeing as the blue boat with the flush hull nose is on the ad I would assume it could be ordered that way?
Runabout,

Please give me a call. I would be happy to talk with you about how the CNC kit works and what our limitations are as it relates to modifications. Unfortunately, just as Jeff stated in an earlier post, we do not have any pictures of a completed RB12. If you have not done so already, I would highly recommend you purchase the RB12 plans prior to giving me a call. This would make it easier to discuss the details of the design.

Thank you,
Reid
772-742-8535
Someone asked me, if I were stranded on a desert island what book would I bring... "How to Build a Boat."
- Steven Wright

CNYBoater
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by CNYBoater »

Reid,

https://www.facebook.com/marketplace/it ... 9729808898

Is this an RB12? Or similar enough to give an idea to OP? It looks like one to me with the tumblehome, but the dimensions in the ad are different than the study plans list. So much customization can be done, it is hard for me to tell.

Reid
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Reid »

CNYBoater wrote: Thu Nov 17, 2022 10:21 am Reid,

https://www.facebook.com/marketplace/it ... 9729808898

Is this an RB12? Or similar enough to give an idea to OP? It looks like one to me with the tumblehome, but the dimensions in the ad are different than the study plans list. So much customization can be done, it is hard for me to tell.
That looks like it could be. I have no idea if this was a CNC Kit or not.
-Reid
Someone asked me, if I were stranded on a desert island what book would I bring... "How to Build a Boat."
- Steven Wright

TomW1
Very Active Poster
Very Active Poster

Post by TomW1 »

No the dimensions are not a match to the RB12. It is shorter and wider. Tom
Restored Mirror Dinghy, Bought OD18 built by CL, Westlawn School of Yacht Design courses. LT US Navy 1970-1978

Runabout
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by Runabout »

I think I’m just going to start with a simpler design. Here is a link to a completed rb-12 if anyone is looking for pics

https://community.boatbuildercentral.co ... play_media