Builders meet 2022

Share tips, suggest or request changes, anything that does not fit in the other categories.
Fuzz
* Bateau Builder - Expert *

Builders meet 2022

Post by Fuzz »

I have not seen any talk about having a meet so I got to wondering if there was going to be one this year? If not I sure hope we can go back to having them next year. I really enjoyed the two I made it to. Made some dang good friends there too :wink: :D

BarraMan

Re: Builders meet 2022

Post by BarraMan »

Fuzz wrote: Thu Sep 15, 2022 12:50 am I have not seen any talk about having a meet so I got to wondering if there was going to be one this year? If not I sure hope we can go back to having them next year. I really enjoyed the two I made it to. Made some dang good friends there too :wink: :D
With enough notice, I might be tempted in 2023! 8O

Jeff
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Jeff »

Fuzz, We are going to wait until 2023 to plan the next Builders Meet. We will get back to all in early 2023 to make arrangements!! We also miss these get togethers!!! Jeff

BarraMan

Post by BarraMan »

Alaska has my vote! :D

Fuzz

Post by Fuzz »

Thanks Jeff I figured that would be the case but I wanted to ask.
BarraMan I dont think the guys would have liked Alaska this year. It has rained every day here for the past 2 months. :help: :( :cry:
60 years living here and I have never seen anything even close to this crap.

Jeff
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Jeff »

Fuzz, are you serious, 60 days of rain?? Jeff

Fuzz

Post by Fuzz »

Jeff wrote: Thu Sep 15, 2022 2:05 pm Fuzz, are you serious, 60 days of rain?? Jeff
Serious as a heart attack. There might have been 2-3 days since mid July with no rain but not more than that. Rained off and on today like most days. Forecast is saying we will get two days in the next ten with no rain but I will have to see it to believe it. I have seen wet summers before but nothing like this one in 60 years of living here.

OrangeQuest
Very Active Poster
Very Active Poster

Post by OrangeQuest »

Fuzz wrote: Thu Sep 15, 2022 7:57 pm
Jeff wrote: Thu Sep 15, 2022 2:05 pm Fuzz, are you serious, 60 days of rain?? Jeff
Serious as a heart attack. There might have been 2-3 days since mid July with no rain but not more than that. Rained off and on today like most days. Forecast is saying we will get two days in the next ten with no rain but I will have to see it to believe it. I have seen wet summers before but nothing like this one in 60 years of living here.
Weather patterns have changed all over this year and any government paid scientist, or politician can explain why. But the meteorologists in our area seem to suck at guessing.

Jeff, seems you guys have a something that may be aiming your way. My radar shows the storm is a day behind of where the forecast model shows it's at.
"that it isn't just an ordinary sort of boat. Sometimes it's a Boat, and sometimes it's more of an Accident. It all depends." "Depends on what?" "On whether I'm on the top of it or underneath it."
A. A. Milne

Jaysen
* Bateau Builder *
* Bateau Builder *

Post by Jaysen »

Models have Fiona going north and back out to sea. I’ve seen few tracks that bring her to US shores. Now that I’ve said it…
My already completed 'Lil Bit'. A Martens Goosen V12 set up to sail me to the fishing holes.
Currently working on making a Helms 24 our coastal cruiser.
“Mark Twain/Samuel Clemens” wrote:Eat a live frog first thing in the morning and nothing worse will happen to you the rest of the day.
Jaysen wrote: Mon Apr 29, 2019 3:44 pm I tried to say something but God thought I was wrong and filled my mouth with saltwater. I kept my pie hole shut after that.

Jeff
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Jeff »

That is some crazy weather Fuzz!!! I hope it stays dry for you!! Jeff

Yes, we are watching TS Fiona daily!! Not too worried but never take my eye off the weather this time of year!! Jeff