AQUA HUIE - 1982 Fiberform 20' Cuddy Cabin Restoration

Questions about boat repairs with our resins and fiberglass: hull patches, transoms and stringers, foam, rot etc.
Cowbro
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Re: AQUA HUIE - 1982 Fiberform 20' Cuddy Cabin Restoration

Post by Cowbro »

Weekend update. The new transom is in, the plywood got glue'd in Saturday morning, along with fillets all around. Sunday I sanded the fillets (With my handy little belt sander) and laid down 2 layers of 12oz biax tape all around the perimeter followed by 2 layers of fabric over the whole transom. I'm pretty happy with it, there are a few minor little dry spots, almost all of which are at the floor where the chine flats are, luckily all of these locations are going to get sanded and multiple additional layers of glass over them when I reconstruct the stringers.

I also used silica to thicken the epoxy for the fillets, and i feel like it worked WAY better than wood flour which is all i've used in the past.

OrangeQuest
Very Active Poster
Very Active Poster

Post by OrangeQuest »

Looks really good and well done.
"that it isn't just an ordinary sort of boat. Sometimes it's a Boat, and sometimes it's more of an Accident. It all depends." "Depends on what?" "On whether I'm on the top of it or underneath it."
A. A. Milne

Fuzz
* Bateau Builder - Expert *
* Bateau Builder - Expert *

Post by Fuzz »

OrangeQuest wrote: Mon Oct 17, 2022 3:44 pm Looks really good and well done.
Yes sir it does look good.