Boot stripe tape.

See our FAQ and tutorials before posting.
Jaysen
* Bateau Builder *
* Bateau Builder *

Boot stripe tape.

Post by Jaysen »

I’m getting ready to strip Lil Bit and beautify her (after a sail or two if I can manage them). I’ve decided I want to put a stripe of some kind at the graphite/paint barrier. Preferably something reflective. Everything I’m finding is super wide. Anyone finding stripe tape under 2”?

The other option is painting a stripe, but then I have the same thing I’m trying to avoid… having to paint like I’m good at it.

Thanks.
My already completed 'Lil Bit'. A Martens Goosen V12 set up to sail me to the fishing holes.
Currently working on making a Helms 24 our coastal cruiser.
“Mark Twain/Samuel Clemens” wrote:Eat a live frog first thing in the morning and nothing worse will happen to you the rest of the day.
Jaysen wrote: Mon Apr 29, 2019 3:44 pm I tried to say something but God thought I was wrong and filled my mouth with saltwater. I kept my pie hole shut after that.

Jaysen
* Bateau Builder *
* Bateau Builder *

Re: Boot stripe tape.

Post by Jaysen »

Well... there is https://www.hullstripes.com

Still open to other suggestions.
My already completed 'Lil Bit'. A Martens Goosen V12 set up to sail me to the fishing holes.
“Mark Twain/Samuel Clemens” wrote:Eat a live frog first thing in the morning and nothing worse will happen to you the rest of the day.
Jaysen wrote: Mon Apr 29, 2019 3:44 pm I tried to say something but God thought I was wrong and filled my mouth with saltwater. I kept my pie hole shut after that.

TomW1
Very Active Poster
Very Active Poster

Post by TomW1 »

Jaysen wrote: Thu Oct 06, 2022 3:09 pm Well... there is https://www.hullstripes.com

Still open to other suggestions.
Just do a search for boat stripes it will give you several companies to look at their product. Tom
Restored Mirror Dinghy, Bought OD18 built by CL, Westlawn School of Yacht Design courses. LT US Navy 1970-1978

OrangeQuest
Very Active Poster
Very Active Poster

Post by OrangeQuest »

"that it isn't just an ordinary sort of boat. Sometimes it's a Boat, and sometimes it's more of an Accident. It all depends." "Depends on what?" "On whether I'm on the top of it or underneath it."
A. A. Milne

Jaysen
* Bateau Builder *
* Bateau Builder *

Post by Jaysen »

Thank you gents!

That traffic safety site certainly would provide “noticeable material” for the water.

Dan_Smullen
* Bateau Builder *
* Bateau Builder *

Post by Dan_Smullen »

Probably not wide enough for a boot stripe, but I love having this stuff on my kayak. YakAttack is a local company and worthy of the support!

https://paddleva.com/products/yakattack ... -pinstripe

gonandkarl
* Bateau Builder *
* Bateau Builder *

Post by gonandkarl »

PSP Marine Ltd makes tapes 19 mm and 44 mm wide. I used the wider one as a boot strpe on my Wilde Qualle
All pictures of Micro Petrel AD14 and FS13 :

http://gallery.bateau2.com/index.php?cat=87433