No Excuse

Questions about boat repairs with our resins and fiberglass: hull patches, transoms and stringers, foam, rot etc.
cape man
* Bateau Builder - Expert *

Re: No Excuse

Post by cape man »

I wasn't lying!
20221114_171620.jpg
The world always seems brighter when you've just made something that wasn't there before - Neil Gaiman

Jeff
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Jeff »

Cape Man, they are making great progress!!!! Jeff

cape man

Post by cape man »

So I stopped the work to ask them both - Do you know what Zen is? Both responded yes (with a look of WTF? You think we are ignorant!). Okay...then do you find sanding to be Zen-like? Both said yes!

This is what they are dealing with.
20221114_165110.jpg
I started the repair on where the Blue Marlin spike (or delivery van) hit her. Taped the edges of good, then sanded out the bad with the corner sander. Heavy, neat coat of epoxy, and after I was sure there were no drips, pulled the tape. Anyone see where this going?
20221114_163641.jpg
20221114_165046.jpg
The world always seems brighter when you've just made something that wasn't there before - Neil Gaiman

pee wee
Very Active Poster
Very Active Poster

Post by pee wee »

Are you going to highlight the hull scar, like a pirate's cheek with a sabre slash? Larry would approve! :lol:
Hank

piperdown
Very Active Poster
Very Active Poster

Post by piperdown »

Fish hook?
Eric (aka, piperdown)

"Give an Irishman lager for a month and he's a dead man. An Irishman's stomach is lined with copper, and the beer corrodes it. But whiskey polishes the copper and is the saving of him." --> Mark Twain

cape man

Post by cape man »

20221115_082021.jpg
20221115_080606.jpg
Retaped the scar made by the Hammerhead Shark (or delivery truck), added another coat of neat epoxy and then filled everything with epoxy mixed with the BBC fairing additive (microballoons...the purple stuff). Pulled the tape after once again making sure it was not dripping or sagging.

piperdown
Very Active Poster
Very Active Poster

Post by piperdown »

Actually, now it kind of looks like the Grim Reaper's scythe........
Eric (aka, piperdown)

"Give an Irishman lager for a month and he's a dead man. An Irishman's stomach is lined with copper, and the beer corrodes it. But whiskey polishes the copper and is the saving of him." --> Mark Twain

OrangeQuest
Very Active Poster
Very Active Poster

Post by OrangeQuest »

Looks like you are making more things to sand! :D
"that it isn't just an ordinary sort of boat. Sometimes it's a Boat, and sometimes it's more of an Accident. It all depends." "Depends on what?" "On whether I'm on the top of it or underneath it."
A. A. Milne

cape man

Post by cape man »

I didn't make it. It was the gouge from when the Somali pirates were trying to board (or delivery truck).

OrangeQuest
Very Active Poster
Very Active Poster

Post by OrangeQuest »

cape man wrote: Tue Nov 15, 2022 5:15 pm I didn't make it. It was the gouge from when the Somali pirates were trying to board (or delivery truck).
I was joking more than anything.
"that it isn't just an ordinary sort of boat. Sometimes it's a Boat, and sometimes it's more of an Accident. It all depends." "Depends on what?" "On whether I'm on the top of it or underneath it."
A. A. Milne