Any completed Mini Maia pictures? (MM21)

Ask questions before buying our plans or request a new design. Anybody can post here
jonlitts
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Any completed Mini Maia pictures? (MM21)

Post by jonlitts »

Hi all! I'm looking hard at the MM21 and MT24... but I can't find any pictures of any completed Mini Maias! I see that chicagoross started one many moons ago but never finished. Thanks!
---
Jonathan

rick berrey
Active Poster
Active Poster

Re: Any completed Mini Maia pictures? (MM21)

Post by rick berrey »

As far as I know there have been no posted pictures of a finished MM21 . chicagoross built the HMD19 , he wanted a larger boat and started the MM21 , I have not seen a post from him in a few years . You might try and message him , he should have a finished boat by now . The MT24 is much more boat than the MM21 , twice the ply , the MM21 has 7 sheets less ply than the HMD19 . A lot of people have talked about building the HMD18+10% , more material , but plenty of known info on finished HMD19,s . A HMD19+10% would give you a boat close to the MM21 in LWL and much closer to intended use than the MT24 .

rick berrey
Active Poster
Active Poster

Post by rick berrey »

I posted the wrong number of Ply for the MM21 , it is 29 , when you get older sometimes even if your eyes are good you don't see what your looking at .

jonlitts
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by jonlitts »

rick berrey wrote: Sun Oct 30, 2022 10:26 am As far as I know there have been no posted pictures of a finished MM21 . chicagoross built the HMD19 , he wanted a larger boat and started the MM21 , I have not seen a post from him in a few years . You might try and message him , he should have a finished boat by now . The MT24 is much more boat than the MM21 , twice the ply , the MM21 has 7 sheets less ply than the HMD19 . A lot of people have talked about building the HMD18+10% , more material , but plenty of known info on finished HMD19,s . A HMD19+10% would give you a boat close to the MM21 in LWL and much closer to intended use than the MT24 .
Thanks, Rick. Excellent info. I was wondering about the process behind the modification of plans, i.e. enlarging, redesigning cabin, etc. I LOVE the HM design, and would much rather do that, adding 10%, than the MM21. Thanks again!
---
Jonathan

jonlitts
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by jonlitts »

Having poured over builds and pics of the (absolutely beautiful) HMD19, I've realized that the MM21 is, for a few reasons, a better choice for me right now. Just ordered the plans. Maybe I'll be the first to have a full build posted. 8)
---
Jonathan