MT24 Build - Upstate NY

Power Boats only. Please include the boat type in your question.
Evan_Gatehouse
Very Active Poster
Very Active Poster

Re: MT24 Build - Upstate NY

Post by Evan_Gatehouse »

Until I saw the offset door in the video I was worried about getting a diagonally oriented boat out!
designer: FB11/GV10,11,13/ HMD18/
SK17,MM21/MT24

Fuzz
* Bateau Builder - Expert *
* Bateau Builder - Expert *

Post by Fuzz »

Having a nice shop to work out of is something that will bring you joy forever :D

jonlitts
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by jonlitts »

Well, life comes at you fast, as they say.

It seems I now need to find a new home in the near future. Long story, involving my wife's passing (9/30/22) and our affairs not being in order.

I am ok with it. Perhaps too many memories here anyway. But the project is paused.
---
Jonathan

CNYBoater
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by CNYBoater »

Sorry to hear of your wife's passing. Planning your affairs for such events is always difficult. When my father passed my mom stayed in the house. However, they had previously sold adjacent property to her parents and my sister. After my sister moved away, and he parents passed it was to difficult to stay, to many memories as you said.

My own plans are on hold as well, running realistic numbers on the build I want (CAT22) is outside my budget at present, since I want to build from the kit. I just can't justify to my family the upfront cost for a multiyear project. Hope you keep your dream boat in the back of your mind for when circumstances changes. It is my hope that BBC is here for the long term.

VT_Jeff
* Bateau Builder *
* Bateau Builder *

Post by VT_Jeff »

Extremely sorry to hear about your wife and about now needing to move, Jon. I hope you can find a suitable place quickly and get back to your boat-building therapy asap. Keep us posted.

Jeff
There are only two seasons in Vermont: boating season, and boat-building season.

Completed Paul Butler 14' Clark Fork Drifter
Completed Jacques Mertens FS14LS + 10%, Build Thread
Started Iain Oughtred Tammie Norrie

jonlitts
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by jonlitts »

CNYBoater wrote: Wed Jan 11, 2023 9:10 am Sorry to hear of your wife's passing. Planning your affairs for such events is always difficult. When my father passed my mom stayed in the house. However, they had previously sold adjacent property to her parents and my sister. After my sister moved away, and he parents passed it was to difficult to stay, to many memories as you said.

My own plans are on hold as well, running realistic numbers on the build I want (CAT22) is outside my budget at present, since I want to build from the kit. I just can't justify to my family the upfront cost for a multiyear project. Hope you keep your dream boat in the back of your mind for when circumstances changes. It is my hope that BBC is here for the long term.
VT_Jeff wrote:Extremely sorry to hear about your wife and about now needing to move, Jon. I hope you can find a suitable place quickly and get back to your boat-building therapy asap. Keep us posted.

Jeff
Thank you guys, very much. It's been extremely hard, obviously.

I'll pick it up again when the time and circumstances are right.
---
Jonathan

Jmk2000
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by Jmk2000 »

Hey John,

Hang in there Brother I can’t even imagine what y’all are going through. I’m anxiously watching your post and journey as I just bought a set of MM21 plans also. Hoping to start in the next year or so but wanted to be able to study and get my plan together before diving in.

jonlitts
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by jonlitts »

Jmk2000 wrote: Mon Jan 16, 2023 6:26 pm Hey John,

Hang in there Brother I can’t even imagine what y’all are going through. I’m anxiously watching your post and journey as I just bought a set of MM21 plans also. Hoping to start in the next year or so but wanted to be able to study and get my plan together before diving in.
Thanks man, I really appreciate it. It may end up that I end up watching YOU first! :)
---
Jonathan

Evan_Gatehouse
Very Active Poster
Very Active Poster

Post by Evan_Gatehouse »

I'm incredibly sorry to hear of your wife. Our very best wishes for your future, whether it includes boat building or not.
designer: FB11/GV10,11,13/ HMD18/
SK17,MM21/MT24

jonlitts
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by jonlitts »

Evan_Gatehouse wrote: Sun Jan 22, 2023 1:26 am I'm incredibly sorry to hear of your wife. Our very best wishes for your future, whether it includes boat building or not.
Thank you my friend. I love (and have plans for) both of your designs, and still hope to finish one someday.
---
Jonathan