Help??

Please use this forum to tell us about problems you are having with the forum software, or the new site. This lets us keep the boat building discussions free from clutter.

Your comments and tips are appreciated.
fishgitr
* Bateau Builder *
* Bateau Builder *

Help??

Post by fishgitr »

Jeff, Reid, jaysen?

I keep getting this when I login. It will usually does it two or three times, then it allows me to login.

Can you help me out?

fishgitr
* Bateau Builder *
* Bateau Builder *

Re: Help??

Post by fishgitr »

Well it won't let me post a picture..

It's says, "The submitted form was invalid. Try submitting again."

Jaysen
* Bateau Builder *
* Bateau Builder *

Post by Jaysen »

What is the error on login? Just a bit of the text.

There haven’t been any software or service changes in about 3 weeks. When was the last time you posted a pic? That will help me figure out what may have changed…
My already completed 'Lil Bit'. A Martens Goosen V12 set up to sail me to the fishing holes.
Currently working on making a Helms 24 our coastal cruiser.
“Mark Twain/Samuel Clemens” wrote:Eat a live frog first thing in the morning and nothing worse will happen to you the rest of the day.
Jaysen wrote: Mon Apr 29, 2019 3:44 pm I tried to say something but God thought I was wrong and filled my mouth with saltwater. I kept my pie hole shut after that.

fishgitr
* Bateau Builder *
* Bateau Builder *

Post by fishgitr »

When I click to login, It's says, "The submitted form was invalid. Try submitting again."

It appears that I can't attach a picture to this post.

The login issue started on the last update y'all did about 2-3 weeks ago.

Thanks bud

fishgitr
* Bateau Builder *
* Bateau Builder *

Post by fishgitr »

Jaysen,

Please go to my "house build" thread. I posted a screenshot there. If you would please delete after you see it. Thanks bud

fallguy1000
* Bateau Builder - Expert *
* Bateau Builder - Expert *

Post by fallguy1000 »

Every now and then I have trouble with the 'remember me keys'.

Close all browser openings to bbc.

Go in and delete all the keys.
My boat build is here -------->

viewtopic.php?f=12&t=62495

Jaysen
* Bateau Builder *
* Bateau Builder *

Post by Jaysen »

Two things:
1. Make sure your bookmark is https://community,boatbuildercentral.com/forum (no www)
2. As Fallguy suggested delete the forum cookies. There is a link at the bottom of the page that will help with that.
My already completed 'Lil Bit'. A Martens Goosen V12 set up to sail me to the fishing holes.
“Mark Twain/Samuel Clemens” wrote:Eat a live frog first thing in the morning and nothing worse will happen to you the rest of the day.
Jaysen wrote: Mon Apr 29, 2019 3:44 pm I tried to say something but God thought I was wrong and filled my mouth with saltwater. I kept my pie hole shut after that.

fishgitr
* Bateau Builder *
* Bateau Builder *

Post by fishgitr »

Hey bud I did both those things. It's still doing the same.

Jaysen
* Bateau Builder *
* Bateau Builder *

Post by Jaysen »

fishgitr wrote: Sun Nov 13, 2022 9:45 pm Hey bud I did both those things. It's still doing the same.
At this point, there aren't any "known things" that would cause that problem. The URL change is the one that normally causes it, the forum cookies fix is the PHPBB solution. Unless you are using some type of origin masking VPN there isn't a clear problem.

The cause is that our server thinks your session is being hijacked midstream. We did change the site name (remove www) but also set up redirect catches. All our code now points to the right name so the normal cause isn't applicable if you have updated all your bookmarks. On occasion, some browsers don't update cookies when sites change ID. If you have removed the cookies via the below link, that is out. All that is left is something that is redirecting the login in a "not BBC" way.

That said, I'll keep looking for answers. Sorry you are experiencing this.

Jeff
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Jeff »

fishgitr, I apologize but I have no idea why this is happening to you. I have not had anyone tell me there was a problem with their log-in. Jeff